ARABS!

squid35

Visit site
just wondered how many of you mad people have arabs.

i include myself in under the mad catagory as i have two and one in for breaking!

what do you do with yours??

Slave2Magic

Visit site
Hi
My mare is 6 and Im hoping to get her started on jumping this winter. Apparently they either love it or hate it! Did abit of local showing this year but Im not really keen on it.

Gingernags

Visit site
We have a few locally, one just up the road is called Rabanat, gorgous bay stallion but only 14.3 and I really wanted to use one bigger. He has some crabbet lines. The one I have my eye on using is in York, called Judals Raphael - another bay but like I said only 3 now but expected to be 15.1-15.2 which was more the height I wanted. Mare is 14.3 and a half and don't want to end up under 15h if I can help it!

The idea is to put my does anything mare to an arab and breed an endurance horse for me in the future.

So not fussy really about whether polish/spanish etc but want a bigger type of arab, nothing too pony like or too fine and dainty.

filly190

Visit site
Have recently acquired my first, grey yearling filly and "perfect". The stud where she came from prepared her so very well, so far, wonderful to handle in all aspects.

Life time love of arab's and looking forward to the coming years. I have choosen to have a youngster so that I am resonsible for how she turns out. Have only ever had T.B's before, dont see that much difference (so far !!!!)

Faithkat

Visit site
I had a pure-bred Arab for some years (bought him at 18 months and sold him when he was 10). He was an absolute darling and was the kindest, sweetest horse on the planet. Burtie did dressage, which he loved, very succesfully on him. I've now got an proper Anglo-Arab (half TB and half Arab) mare. She's not nearly as charming and has the TB pig-headed and stubborn streak - give me a pure-bred any time, I like something with brains!

eekmon

Visit site
Don't know if I count
confused.gif
I have a Polish Arab x TB. Jumped like a stag. Did everything I ever wanted and a fab temperment, now 29 so just hacking!
smile.gif

mirandaharry

Visit site
Had a gorgeous mare, incredibly beautiful and the kindest sweetest temperament ever
grin.gif
! Did loads of hacking with her and she had a fab jump. Eventually sold her to the people who show her sire, full brother and half brother
frown.gif

Hoping to look for another one, has to be purebred and would like similar bloodlines. Just love that intelligence and loyalty, and although my mare looked incredibly dainty she was actually tough as old boots and thrived on next to nothing
laugh.gif

What are yours like, what bloodlines etc?!
grin.gif

niashadow

Visit site
NiaatRuthsandMuttDes024-1.jpg

Nia Shadow 17yrs 98% Crabbet Mare. An absolute sweetie, done Showing, Show Jumping, ODE, Dressage, UK Chasers Cross Country etc. Anything ever asked of her she will try 100% Every time !!!. Also bred 4 fab foals, all having her wonderful easy to do temperament.
smile.gif

Evadiva1514

Visit site
I have 2 part bred arabs, Benji is an 18 year old arab x welsh and has been such a lovely horse, we have done everything together. He is sharp to ride but always gives 100% and is so much fun!! My other little arabian is Evie, she is a yearling filly by Eternal Sky (Sky Crusader lines) out of a trakehner mare who i hope to show and dressage at some point on the future. She is bold, willing and very friendly.

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
I do!

I have a purebred 15.3hh arab gelding called Gedenski (hence my user name!). He's very well known in the endurance world having been British Champion and competed internationally but he's having a slightly quieter life with me now.

He's a fab horse, quirky, very bright and very human like! Everyone who meets him falls in love with him. He's got charisma in bucket loads. But try to make him do something he doesn't want to, or mess with his routine then he'll make sure you know he's displeased with you
smile.gif

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
Axel is 50% Arab, so does that make me a little bit mad?!

He is only 4 and a complete star! I have owned him since he was a yearling and shown him in-hand as a 2 and 3 yr old, qualifying for Keysoe last year where he won both his classes
smile.gif

He was bred for jumping but I am going to do dressage on him, also some showing as he won a Riding Horse class on his 1st time out.

He has the lovely head and movement of an Arab, but looks like a warmblood so I have the best of both worlds! He is out of a Hanovarian X TB mare and his sire is Saker (from Harwoods) who is Crabbet bred.

My friend has 2 pure breds and they are lovely, and the reason I bought a part bred

Sam x