Arc Equine - new leg pads?

LegOn

Visit site
For anyone who has an Arc Equine unit with the new legs pads/electrodes - the snap-on sticky pad electrodes - how are you getting on with them?

I had the older pads with the carbon & stitching & my horse took a reaction to them so I have been sent the newer pads but just wondering how everyone else is getting on with them? Easier to use? How do you keep them clean??

Anyone had any reactions to them yet?

ElleJS

Visit site
Yep my grey horse reacted really badly. Try a different leg & move the pad to a new place each day or as much as possible. Sadly this one senstive horse seems to react to it what ever I do. Ian does have alternate pads but he was out of stock last time I asked

Mickyjoe

Visit site
I wish I had known how common these reactions were before I invested in an Arc Equine. :(
I now have one show horse with lots of clusters of white hairs on his legs, as well as some odd hard bumps. I had hoped to get him back well enough to show, but his legs are distroyed by this (not cheap) machine and the original injury seems unchanged.

LegOn

Visit site
I just got the new ones this week so they must be back in stock now!

And I'm dying to try them out - but just wondering how anyone else is getting on before I end up more reactions!

I had the exact same problem unfortunately, no matter where I moved it, he took a reaction - but it did solve the lameness issue I bought it for but now I want to sort out his legs!

LegOn

Visit site
I wish I had known how common these reactions were before I invested in an Arc Equine. :(
I now have one show horse with lots of clusters of white hairs on his legs, as well as some odd hard bumps. I had hoped to get him back well enough to show, but his legs are distroyed by this (not cheap) machine and the original injury seems unchanged.

I can only imagine how I would feel in my horse was a show horse but feeling pretty awful as it is about his new white hairs from his reaction to the pads, at least I had a result with the original issue.

But still, want to know how anyone else is getting on with the new leg pads before I go doing anything with them!

ecrozier

Visit site
Interesting - i think my big horse had a reaction to it, I didn't realise at the time as must confess I blamed it slightly on the yard having used the wrong gel, the back gel rather than leg, and that having been really sticky and almost pulled the hair off and a few white hairs came through. He's sound now albeit a bit lumpy but he already had a splint there anyway so no idea if the arc added to that/didn't affect, and as he's not a show horse I don't really care about the white hairs, he now has it on too and from shows and one weekend a month but I might not use twice in a row on same leg just in case it was a reaction!
I'm currently trying to use it on my little Arab but must confess I am being driven crazy trying to get it to connect up properly, he has very slim legs and the pads are almost too big - with the connectors too far apart - to work on his skinny little legs!

Mickyjoe

Visit site
There was a multi page thread on here with people raving about the Arc Equine and saying how wonderful it was. Why on earth did nobody think to mention these pretty damn serious side effects? As far as I can see they seem to happen to nearly every horse that uses it!!

Very dissilusioned and annoyed at spending so much money for something that has caused such problems.

LegOn

Visit site
To be honest I am a little reluctant to try again

Yeah me too :( Hope someone who has them comes on & give them a glowing report!! Might ask on the original thread - as Mickyjoe pointed out, lots of positive reviews there but seems more people are reporting this reaction now :(

ecrozier

Visit site
Personally for me - I have a sound horse again as opposed to one who was near enough written off by RVC. His reaction (if it was even that) was the development of a few white hairs - for me, a small price to pay. He's extremely sensitive and would certainly have let me know if the unit was causing any discomfort at all so I'm still overall very pleased with the unit.

ElleJS

Visit site
Personally for me - I have a sound horse again as opposed to one who was near enough written off by RVC. His reaction (if it was even that) was the development of a few white hairs - for me, a small price to pay. He's extremely sensitive and would certainly have let me know if the unit was causing any discomfort at all so I'm still overall very pleased with the unit.

Sadly one horse was to sore from the reaction to use it! Not just white hairs it took the skin off. However it is a fantastic product and I totally support it but it seems to have side effects for some horses so it would be great to hear if the new pads are a little friendlier.

I thought I was the only one till I spoke to a few others who's horses had also had reactions.

christine48

Visit site
The horse I used it on had a reaction- swelling over the area where the pads were and was left with white hairs.
I used it on myself with good results, however I also had a bad reaction and the itching drove me mad to the extent that I scratched the area raw!

Vickijay

Visit site
Sadly one horse was to sore from the reaction to use it! Not just white hairs it took the skin off. However it is a fantastic product and I totally support it but it seems to have side effects for some horses so it would be great to hear if the new pads are a little friendlier.

I thought I was the only one till I spoke to a few others who's horses had also had reactions.

I completely agree with this...

Plus I was told I was the only one this had happened too so must of been my mare because she was very sensitive. I didn't start a thread on here because I thought I was the only one :(

I had the new sticky pads too, and the new back pad and they all had the same result. It wasn't as bad as the hard pads, but still not useable. So now it sits in the box nowhere near the horses.

I have to say though that I still support it. I fell off and really hurt my shoulder. Weeks had passed with very little improvement. Just a few days of wearing the machine and it felt so much better. I stopped for a day or 2, it got worse, started again and immediate improvement.

ecrozier

Visit site
I wonder if its the actual micro current that causes the reactions or whether its the method of delivery ie the pads/gel?

A1JUMPJOCKEY

Visit site
I couldn't speak highly enough about any of the arc-equine products! It worked wonders on my girlfriends broken wrists and it helped a pointer of ours who had fractured his canon bone. It left no scarring at all! Like anything put on skin or hair if its not cleaned off properly not just lightly rubbed off it will scar or blister. If you leave clay on tendons for a few days without cleaning off properly it will also blister.

christine48

Visit site
I couldn't speak highly enough about any of the arc-equine products! It worked wonders on my girlfriends broken wrists and it helped a pointer of ours who had fractured his canon bone. It left no scarring at all! Like anything put on skin or hair if its not cleaned off properly not just lightly rubbed off it will scar or blister. If you leave clay on tendons for a few days without cleaning off properly it will also blister.

I had a reaction myself, and I showered twice a day. I tried them with &'without the gel. I wondered if I was allergic to the pads themselves.

ElleJS

Visit site

I am sure people are using this in the most professional manner, I know I am. I rave about it and have used it on other horses with little or no problems what's so ever however it is clear that for some horses it proves to cause reactions- even if you have followed Ian's advice step by step.
(This is also coming from several pros who use it.) I don't think people here are having a go but merely pointing out that yes there are side effects that need to be ironed out! Just simple honesty. There is no denying how good it is :)

Holidays_are_coming

Visit site
My mare had a reaction to the first leg pads but the new ones are brilliant, you dont use the sticky pads as the gel breaks down the sticky bit too quickly. You put the gel under the press stud (silver part that is very flat) and I havent had any problems with these (she had sores and scabs all over from the other ones)

fairyclare

Visit site
I have both the old and new pads, I am using the old pad at the moment, I am saving the new pad to use on me once the horse has finished the initial course.
I used the gel supplied with the unit for a few days but found it far too liquid, it was just running off the pad as I tried to position it correctly on the chosen leg, I have been using aloe vera gel from Holland and Barrett (on special offer too!) I have found it much better and also I know she doesn't react to it as I have been using if for years of minor cuts and grazes.

ElleJS

Visit site
My mare had a reaction to the first leg pads but the new ones are brilliant, you dont use the sticky pads as the gel breaks down the sticky bit too quickly. You put the gel under the press stud (silver part that is very flat) and I havent had any problems with these (she had sores and scabs all over from the other ones)

Sounds great! :)

cundlegreen

Visit site
I bought a unit two weeks ago, already had to send back the delivery unit as it wouldn't charge. the mended one then went wrong after three days of use, so I'm rather frustrated. Also some confusion about what comes in the case. The DVD says one thing, but I found three lots of leg pads in mine. After speaking to Ian, apparently the pad with the attachable electrodes is supposed to be for human use, and the others with the built in pads for the horse. I'm still waiting for a replacement delivery unit so I can start rehab on two horses. I have to say that the unit applied to my knee with the sticky pads worked wonders in only two sessions. This unit is a lot of money if its going to cause problems with reliability and also skin sensitivity.

LegOn

Visit site

This is nothing to do with the hair or skin being clean or anything of the sort - this is to do with a reaction that is deep within the skin & causes lumps & scabbing & hair coming off :(

I am very grateful that it worked on my horse for the problem I bought it for - to bring him sound, but its just a shame that it has caused a secondary problem but I would rather have a sound horse than not!

Now I just want to sort out his legs - and while the unit can do this itself with use, I dont want to put the new leg pads on knowing that its going to do more harm than good.

Holidays_are_coming

Visit site
The new ones are great, Cudlegreen I would ask for the newer type for the horse as well, the carbon rubber electrodes do rub, but the newer press stud type have not marked my mare at all and she has had them on a lot!

LegOn

Visit site

Sorry just to confirm - are you saying you done put on the sticky pads at all!! And just have the current come straight through the silver stud? Or am I reading that wrong?? :confused:

KautoStar1

Visit site
Just wondering if anyone had any further update on the new leg pads and whether they are causing the same issues as the previous pads.
I have a show horse who I would like to try with this unit, but of course don't want to create further problems with sore legs.
Thanks