Arc Equine, thoughts please

zaminda

Visit site
I have been thinking about getting an arc equine machine, as one of mine has damaged a check ligament, as well as the superficial, and before I spend what is quite a lot of money, I thought I would ask for experiences in using one day to day. So has anyone got one, and how did your horses react to it if at all? I do really like the look of them, but said horse does live out, so would have to be out in the machine. If anyone has used it for day to day maintenance as well it would be great to hear. I'm pretty happy with the idea that it does work, but how easy is it to use?
Thanks!

ellie_e

Visit site
Love it!! I've used for an injury, and general maintenance on my 20yr old too, both horses have a session every 4weeks of programme 4 to keep them ticking along. My mare who is very sensitive had small rubs off the machine when used for the initial 6wks, the old ISH was completely fine however.

zaminda

Visit site
Thanks. My mare is quite sensitive which is my worry, especially if she takes a dislike to something! My other horse is less sensitive but more temperamental hopefully she will enjoy it!

sport horse

Visit site
The Arc Equine works in a way that your horse will not even know it is there. Unlike a Tens Machine it does not pulse or do anything that the horse would feel - I have used it on myself so I know! I have used it on various horses and even my sceptical vet had to admit that a tendon should not have healed as quickly as it did.

whizzer

Visit site
I used one on a horse last year & he definitely knew it was there! He just couldn't tolerate it at all,I tried with it for weeks,tried various different straps etc but the minute it started you could see in his face how much he hated it & he'd eventually tear it off. Having said that I'd borrowed it off someone who's horse got on very well with it & helped his problem. Guess they're all different.