Arc Equine?

Jsye

Visit site
A friend showed me the facebook page and a few injuries treated with Arc Equine and I must say I was amazed.
Has anyone else had any experience with it? Does is actually work this well?

http://arcequine.com/
https://www.facebook.com/arcequine?fref=ts

It'd be interesting to hear any stories about it as I can't quite believe some of the results (especially the 'hoof' injury, see the facebook page for pics if you're not too squeamish) and I was thinking of showing it to a friend as her 3 y/o has an open cut right across the knee which will obviously take a good while to heal due to its location on top of a joint (don't worry she is under vets treatment)

fairyclare

Visit site
I can't speak for the horses as I didn't notice a huge difference in my horse, I didn't rescan due covering all the costs myself, however....
I have used it on myself for a badly broken wrist, a grade 3 kidney trauma and as a result of the broken wrist, a ruptured tendon in my thumb - I am 6 weeks post op for a tendon transfer, I think I am at least 4 weeks ahead of my estimated healing time.

Ring Ian and speak to him, he is very helpful and will answer all your questions

cundlegreen

Visit site
I've used it on myself, and on a horse last year who had arthroscopy on a knee. His swelling went down very quickly, and he healed extremely well, although that might just be due to the plan I was given by NEH. However, he was on box rest for nearly three months, and was completely relaxed about the whole thing. I noticed how lively he got after I took him off the Arc, so it definitely works on calming.
I have used it on myself for low grade sprains, and noticed the difference within two days. see Kerilli's posts about it for pain relief in an amputee. Very interesting!

slumdog

Visit site
Mines on finance, I pay around £30 a month :) I bought mine for my veteran showjumper but I used it on myself after badly breaking my leg (open fracture of my tib and fib) it took two weeks off my healing time, I was weight baring after 4 weeks and I was back riding after 6 :) fab bit of kit!

Auslander

Visit site
I've got one, bought to try on severe chronic PSD, and it has definitely had a positive effect on his soundness. He's the best he's ever been at the moment - and very bouncy with it. I've noticed some other things as well. He suffers terribly from mud fever, but the stubborn patches that he'd had for weeks had completely disappeared within a week of starting with the Arc. There has been a very significant reduction in some very old scar tissue on both elbows, and also - my farrier noticed a massive change in rate of growth and horn quality after 8 weeks of use.
The downside is that it can cause reactions - bumpy legs and white hairs - but I'm quite happy with a few bumps/white hairs, if it means I have a sound horse!

Capriole

Visit site
I was looking into these and dithering about buying one a few weeks ago to share between me and horse.
I didn't end up getting one but something on my list for the future I think.

Brandy77

Visit site
Does anyone who has successfully used the arcequine have before & after xrays or scans etc?

I bought if for my horse but ended up using it for my broken arm but unfortunately it didn't help in my case. So trying not to completely lose faith in it and feel I have wasted my money, i am hoping some people have actual evidence. Can't decide whether its worth keeping or selling....

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I'm awaiting an 'after' scan for a check ligament that I bought my ArcEquine unit for. Vet booked for tomorrow. Problem is, I don't have a control case so I have no idea whether it made any difference to the healing process ;)

Agree that Ian is very helpful. I have used it on myself and I *think* it made me feel less creaky. On myself I'm happy for it to be a placebo effect, anything that helps you leap out of bed in the morning is a bonus. On the horse, I think it's hard for one single owner to demonstrate evidence. I just threw everything I could at my horse when she was injured in the hope that SOMETHING would help her to heal well.

Brandy77

Visit site
Thanks Bantry, but I am looking for examples where people have copies of before & after xrays, scans etc (there doesn't seem to be any in those threads) and ideally without any other treatment being used.

My concern is, whilst using the arc I think it did help alleviate the pain and inflammation (most days) but my xrays showed that it wasn't healing very well at all. This makes me weary of using it on my horses incase it has the same affect, and I wouldn't want to work them more than I should just because they look better/sounder if infact the problem/injury is still there....