Archie Update & Proud Mummy

Tempi

Visit site
Well il start with the 'proud mummy' bit
grin.gif
Bloss went off for the afternoon with her 'new granny' to have a lesson with the girl who is hopefully going to share her. She was a little angel (apparently) so im very proud of her
grin.gif
And the girl has been asked to compete on the first team for dressage with the school next sunday (29th october), so im even more proud!! The first team is a hard team to get onto as her school is quite high up in the riding stakes
smile.gif
(if you see what i mean!)

Onto Archie, well i rode him for the first time last night (and didnt fall off!!) I lunged him for a good 30mins before i got on him. I then got on and started walking around, he was a little on his toes but was listening to me, then YOs son suddenly let all the dogs out of the back gate and they came rushing onto the school and scared the life out of Archie who proceeded to buck down the school with me. Then YOs son decided he was going to school one of his horses (well blast it round the school in gallop) He knew full well that Archie is nervous of other horse and coulnt have cared less, every time he came up behind us poor Archie bucked and tried to rush off across the school. Once YOs son had stopped being an idiot Archie calmed down and worked well. I was so angry with YOs son tho, i know he was doing it on purpose its just so pathetic.............
mad.gif

S_N

Visit site
That's awesome news about Bloss!! She is just such a credit to you!!

In a way it might be an idea to actually ask YO's son to gallop around the school more often when you are in there on Archie........ OK, so last night was a stupid time to do it, seeing as it was the first time that you had actually ridden him! Well done for staying in the plate though!! But in future, it might be a way of desensitizing him ........

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Oh I hate it when other people cant even be considerate....erghhhh but glad he settled down eventually and sounds like he will be great
smile.gif
Find out what his horse is scared of then proceed to do it hahah

And Bloss's new sharers sound like they are gonna do just as well on her and have lots of fun. Congrats and good luck to them
smile.gif

Tempi

Visit site
yes i will (eventually) He was fine with him when he was trotting around, but he kept galloping up behind me!! i know hes got to get used to all this, and i will 'desensitise' him eventually, but for the first time of me riding him it was really inconsiderate!!

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Thats terrible that he was so inconsiderate. If theres a silver lining to it all though, it sounds like Archie was trying his best to cope with the situation and it will probably help him in the long run. Not that its much consolation to poor you when you were sat there last night though!
frown.gif

Baileysno1

Visit site
It was the older ones who were the worst at my yard when I first started riding my youngster. One woman invited a whole crowd down to the side of the arena the proceeded to set up jumps and bomb around on her bucking lunatic horse she even encouraged her friends children into the arena. Poor Ryu was completely traumatised and would constantly spook at the gate where they were stood for days afterwards. I moved in the end to a wocked yard with normal people!!
frown.gif
Much sympathy!

Kelly1982

Visit site
What an ar*e!! He is old enough to know better, especially seen as what happened the other night when you tried to ride him
mad.gif

Good news about Bloss though, i bet your well chuffed
smile.gif

kick_On

Visit site
fab - you did put on super glue??
grin.gif
grin.gif
- i'm thinking of letting you borrow my cowboy hat
cool.gif
cool.gif

well at least you had a good test and it's going in the right direct

Pleased about new sharer/leaser, thats cracking start for her

Tempi

Visit site
yup, i thought id take your advise so out came the super glue!!! mum was standing on the side going 'i think thats enough now, why dont you get off' and im like 'no, im fine, STOP WORRYING!!!!'

katiejaye

Visit site
Great news about Bloss!

I'm so pleased to hear things are improving with Archie...it sounds like YO's son may be suffering from a bit of the "green eyed monster"! Jealousy makes people act like idiots!

The bucking bronco routine will improve though...Louis used to bolt with me daily in the arena when I first got him. He made some lovely holes in the arena walls too from his bucks! Now he's a little angel to school!

When do we get to see some more piccies?

Tempi

Visit site
digital camera has just arrived at home apparently!! so il try and get mum to take some piccies on sunday, altho i think the weather is meant to be awful
crazy.gif

it definately is a touch of the green eyed monster!!

_jetset_

Visit site
That's good news about Bloss... she is such a superstar!

Archie sounds as though he had a pretty stressful night, but in his little head he will begin to realise that he didn't get eaten or beaten up, and I think the next time it happens there will be a slight improvement.

YO's son sounds like a show off if you ask me... even if it was Bloss you were riding, he should show more consideration when people share the school!

Tempi

Visit site
he is a total show off!! He always manages to upset Bloss when im riding the same time as him, usually the dogs are running up and down the bank and onto the school, but after he initially let them all charge out of the back gate i did ask him if he could put them away (he had seen what happened) and he did..........i suppose i should be gratefull for that at least!

tigers_eye

Visit site
*snigger* - after your pm a while back I can just picture it! Just think of the increse in greeness when Archie goes out winning everything and you will have trained him in a way so at odds with his!

Good girl Bloss...