are avalon cordless horse clippers any good for a full clip?

lisa_lou

Visit site
Ideally looking for some cordless clippers that dont cost the earth that are capable of a full clip. Seen these on ebay fairly cheaply and they say the battery is fine for a full clip but just wondered what peoples views were on them as they seem very cheap for full clip capability.

Jingleballs

Visit site
I have a pair and I have done a full clip with them in the past but find they struggle with my hairy cob's coat and I've ended up buying a larger pair but with the cord.

My friend still uses my avalon's and did a full clip on her TB with no problems but it probably did take a bit longer than with the larger clippers.

Louby

Visit site
I have had mine years. They cured my clipper phobic horse but although they do a good job, they arent as good as the Heinigers I used to have. I think they are capable of a full clip, I do a high chaser and they are fine but it does take a bit longer. I was told by the shop that they werent suitable for cob type hairy thick coated horses. My boy grows a decent coat though.

lisa_lou

Visit site
Many thanks for replies, i have a lightweight thoroughbred who doesnt grow a great coat so should be ok then. I cant be doing with wires, my mare fidgets loads when clipping so these would be the perfect solution!

Eriskayowner

Visit site
I've got Moser Avalons and done 17.2 hh hunter clip and blanket on VERY (double) thick 13 hh. Also did reclip (to a hunter) on Mousey (13 hh). I've not clipped anything else before so don't have much to compare with but I've been impressed.

Langley11

Visit site
Zipped through Irish clip on hairy cob. Worked really well - lots of interest from other people on yard as SO quiet. Jumpy and unsure with friend's clippers. Stood as good as gold with these? Look on www.peasridge.co.uk as they give them good review

maisie06

Visit site
Utter rubbish!! wouldnt even clip 1/2 a neck! I wouldn't waste your money, these clippers are only any good for clipping my dog.

EmmaC78

Visit site
I have some and they have been great. I generally only clip neck and belly but other people have borrowed them to do a hunter clip and they have been fine.