Are dressage saddles selling?

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
I'm contemplating selling my dressage saddle - its about 18 months old - but as I am competing less and less these days and hacking more and more it seems sensible to move it on.

I've looked on ebay, pre-loved and horsemart to see what sort of price I could get. I could only find a few that were the same as mine and apart from a brand new one, the prices seemed low (£4-500). It's not an unusual brand, it's actually quite popular on this forum and it's not an uncommon size. I'm trying to be vague about it to avoid accusations of advertising.

Is it the time of year or something else?

Bert&Maud

Visit site
I had to sell my 3 year old Jessica, which was in excellent condition. My saddler said that if he sold it for me, he would hope to get £625 max for it - but would then taken 30% commission. So I advertised it locally in our very good free weekly magazine, for £625 but ended up selling it for £500 as that was the biggest offer. Secondhand saddles don't seem to sell for much money, unless they're top end makes or rarely available.

paddy

Visit site
Thanks for reminding me. I put my Butet dressage saddle with a saddler to sell about a year ago and still haven't heard anything. Sounds time to put it on Ebay!

spacefaer

Visit site
I've been trying to sell a virtually brand new Passier with no success - not sure why there's no interest in dressage saddles but the market seems deathly quiet :( :(

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
I much prefer hacking in a dressage saddle - more comfy! Keep it!

It is! I'd forgotten how comfy it was when I used it the other day and it had only been about 3 weeks since I'd last used it. Not sure standing out the saddle whilst blasting up the fields is possible in it though! Short Stirrups and big knee blocks:) Might give it a try though!

I've been trying to sell a virtually brand new Passier with no success - not sure why there's no interest in dressage saddles but the market seems deathly quiet :( :(

Odd isn't it? I just thought it was me being rubbish at searching t'interweb!

ecrozier

Visit site
I've got my ideal Jessica on eBay, for about 2/3 the price the saddler thought it was worth, but he had it months so I thought id try cutting my losses! I bought a bates last week but not looking great for fit at the mo, which is annoying!
I think they are hard to sell, as people often want to get the fit checked which makes buying online difficult :(
Which is annoying as I have currently got 8 saddles for two horses so need to get rid of at least 4!!