Are horse shows restarting ?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
From 29 March 2021 (all being well).

‘Outdoor sport facilities will reopen, including golf courses and tennis and basketball courts.

Formally organised outdoor sports can also restart.’

The local cricket league fixtures are up already :). Season to start April 17th.

Visit site
If all being well and going to plan in England then yes they can start going ahead from April pretty much.

Scotland - who knows! Wee Nippy is trying to keep everyone locked up under the thumb until the election on May 5th at least hoping she will still be voted for. So we may not yet see any sort of competition season! Legally we can not even cross the border to compete in England for leisure...

Wales and Ireland are pretty much in the same boat as Scotland. Who knows!

J&S

Visit site
We have a hunter trial and fun rides locally but I can't see how actual horse Shows can begin until they actually end lock down proper (June 21st?) what does any one know about this??? We have very few pre entries for our local show now, and several rings actually are run with pay at the ringside as the way to go. I would hate to have to organise sending all the rosettes out by post rather than handing over on the day!! Date would normally be first Sunday in June.

Visit site
We have a hunter trial and fun rides locally but I can't see how actual horse Shows can begin until they actually end lock down proper (June 21st?) what does any one know about this??? We have very few pre entries for our local show now, and several rings actually are run with pay at the ringside as the way to go. I would hate to have to organise sending all the rosettes out by post rather than handing over on the day!! Date would normally be first Sunday in June.

Nah you get round the rosette thing by getting one of those litter picker/grabber thingies and holding the rosette out to the competitor on the end of that! Only horses that stand to accept their rosette can actually get one ??? #carnage!

Renvers

Visit site
Fingers crossed, although what will happen to the BD Area Festivals? It will be nearly 18 months soon since I qualified for them and I imagine the numbers eligible to compete will be a lot higher due to the number of postponements since.

J&S

Visit site
We have enough problems with upset/impatient parents as it is!! Perhaps we should dangle the winners' cups on the end of a fishing rod and line and swing them out!!

McFluff

Visit site
If all being well and going to plan in England then yes they can start going ahead from April pretty much.

Scotland - who knows! Wee Nippy is trying to keep everyone locked up under the thumb until the election on May 5th at least hoping she will still be voted for. So we may not yet see any sort of competition season! Legally we can not even cross the border to compete in England for leisure...

Wales and Ireland are pretty much in the same boat as Scotland. Who knows!

I didn't want to 'like' this - but totally agree, this is the likely progress for us north of the border :(

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Two horses with BD entries for 4th April which I am looking forward to. I think it will be a while before shows with spectators start again. I am going to have the oldest novice hunter known to man soon.