Are horses too trusting??

Hedgewitch13

Visit site
http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/picture_gallery/0,,30200-1301121-8,00.html

I love the comment that none of the owners would harm their horses.....
confused.gif
I bet a few horses were singed or burnt when their drunken (but caring!!) owners rode them through the fires
mad.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
Disgraceful. How do we know there's no evidence of injury?! If kids are riding horses through a huge fire, Im sure their riding skills arent perfect enough to get them through straight and quickly. Totally moronic as many of these stupid "traditions" are.

saskia295

Visit site
Ride them through the fire "to purify the animals and rid them of disease"?!?! WTF?!! Can we do this to the people? What a bunch of nobs.

OrangeEmpire

www.equestrian-portrait.com
smoke was traditionally used to kill off fleas and parasites in the days before chemicals. (fumigating)

Not as stupid as you might think: Probably meant them and their livestock were to a certain extent protected from the various diseases of the middleages that could destroy entire villages (including the black death).

serena2005

Visit site
it say they are supposed to ride around the fire but some ignore the saftely rules.

you do have to ask your self who is more stupid, the rider for thinking about riding through or the horse for carrying them through it.
i know if i told my pony to do something stupid he would tell me where to go and send me on my way!