Are local shows fixed?

Leandy

Visit site
Pure-bred Sec Bs are not plaited in M&M or breed classes.

Then maybe it has changed? Pretty sure they could be shown plaited in those classes in my youth (but I am quite old!) and often were especially if they were also doing the riding pony classes on the same day. Not sure when the example given above was. Part bred M&M however could easily be a plaited show pony.

bliss87

Visit site
if it didnt specifically say no M&M then it is perectly fine to enter a lead rein

The m&m class didnt say no riding ponies but I didnt enter that as the hint is in the title.

Sec Bs only ever compete plaited in SHP or if fine enough SP classes

133shp have alot of pure bs in them plaited up but they dont also compete in breed classes

Visit site
The m&m class didnt say no riding ponies but I didnt enter that as the hint is in the title.

133shp have alot of pure bs in them plaited up but they dont also compete in breed classes

I have a purebred Sec B who won at the Royal Welsh in the Sec B yearling Colt class. He went on to go to HOYS as a 12hh SHP Open and Lead rein. He was too small for M&M. He was ok in M&M LR classes at county/affiliated level and always placed but he was always below the A's and Darties

WelshD

Visit site

I think the 122 class is reasonably forgiving and as you say a sec B is less likely to be found in a breed class as well as a 133 SHP, at that height they're usually one stamp or the other plus you have the added complication of turnout.
When I bought my 133 sec b we showed him as an m&m for the first couple of shows as he wasn't trimmed up, he makes a much nicer SHP though

The-Bookworm

Visit site
I am not a showing person. I get told off for talking to the competitors alongside me!
But I like what I call the fun classes, mounted games, family pony I would have a go at for the experience, track and turnout - because you only have to show walk. :D