Are lorry prices going the same way as horse prices?

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
I've been on the look out for a cheapish lorry to replace my Mercedes 814, which although a great work horse and a brilliant lorry, we need something slightly larger to accommodate my husband's hunter (men!). I'm not looking for anything too fancy or anything amazingly modern (I don't need a powershower, loo, white leather seats or minibar...!)
just something around a J reg or newer, which takes 3 large horses, has living and an easy to manage ramp (my one request!).

But everything we've seen so far is rubbish! Saw a lovely lorry, perfect in all ways until the steps seized and large metal bar crumbled in our hands. Guy still wanted £7k for it. Did some research and he was asking £2.5k more than he paid for it 4 years ago and it hasn't been used for 2 years (what else could seize??). Another wasted journey.

Everything I see seems to be advertised at silly prices and I'm losing hope of ever finding anything. Lorry prices seem to be following the trend of horse prices.....
frown.gif
frown.gif

Nic

Visit site
We thought the same so bought as lorry & converted to sell on (hopefully for a small profit), and plan to keep doing that until we can hopefully afford to keep one. Means I am without transport a lot though
frown.gif

But you do get a lot that seem to be held together by rust, thankfully Dad is good with mechanics & his best friend is one & big cousin & Loz1's hubby!
grin.gif

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
Why not get an old Bedford with the Lambourne dual purpose container. They where designed as Hunting boxes. While on the subject you will be probably be overweight with 3 horses in a 7.5 ton lorry let alone living as well. Read last weeks Horse and Hounds as they are going to clamp down next year on overweight lorries.