Are Therapists back out working yet?

wisdomofthehorse

New User
Visit site
HI, I am an Equine Body Worker and incorporate Reiki, Stress Point Therapy with my treatments. I am wondering if any other therapists are back out working yet??
Stay Safe everyone :)

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
What does the professional body that you are registered with advise?

My chiro vet is restarting shortly. She is risk assessing each case, and will not treat those horses who cannot be left tied up in the stable for her to examine and manipulate. Strict social distancing etc to be in place. Owner to trot up and if necessary lunge the horse before withdrawing to a safe distance.

ETA She will be wearing PPE.

wisdomofthehorse

New User
Visit site

My chiro vet is restarting shortly. She is risk assessing each case, and will not treat those horses who cannot be left tied up in the stable for her to examine and manipulate. Strict social distancing etc to be in place. Owner to trot up and if necessary lunge the horse before withdrawing to a safe distance.

Thanks for reply. My governing body suggested only work if social distancing can be observed, wear face masks etc. Horse would have to be tied up while I work on him/her.... I think risk assessing each case is definitely the way to go, many thanks. :)

scats

Visit site

Same vet Chiro as TP. She is seeing my girls in a couple of weeks time and I have been sent a form to fill in to ensure that the visit can be as safe as possible.

Goldenstar

Visit site
My Physio is back treating with plans in place .
It’s a question for your insurer and governing body .

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Round here they all advertised as back at work when the announcement was made about more people being told to work if they can. Also therapy centres taking in day patients to use the water treadmills etc

Reactions: PSD

Noble

Visit site
I am booked in with my Chiro Vet for 2 weeks time (booked before covid) same Chiro as Scats and TP. I have not heard from her or received a form to fill in, Scats/TP do you think I should contact her?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Wouldn’t do any harm, Noble, just to check that you are still in the system. I got the risk check document through on Friday via email for a double appointment the week after next. Though the formatting on it has gone all weird on my Ipad, so I’ll have another look at it on my laptop. It says that I am required to wear gloves and a mask too, so that will be a first proper outing for my WoW mask :D.

scats

Visit site
Wouldn’t do any harm, Noble, just to check that you are still in the system. I got the risk check document through on Friday via email for a double appointment the week after next. Though the formatting on it has gone all weird on my Ipad, so I’ll have another look at it on my laptop. It says that I am required to wear gloves and a mask too, so that will be a first proper outing for my WoW mask :D.

Same here. I can’t get the form to work at all on my iPad! It’s all over the place.

PSD

Visit site
Round here they all advertised as back at work when the announcement was made about more people being told to work if they can. Also therapy centres taking in day patients to use the water treadmills etc

Same in my area. All back to normal now, physios, saddle fitters, therapists etc.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Same here. I can’t get the form to work at all on my iPad! It’s all over the place.
It’s the same on my laptop! I’ve downloaded it as a PDF to check the questions, and have returned it hoping that I’ve entered yes or no in the appropriate places :oops:.

Hope I didn’t check ‘yes‘ to have I got a cough or a fever...

ETA The chiro vet is going to have a look at the formatting, apparently it was working well but then she made some changes.

Last edited:

SEL

Visit site
All back at work with social distancing measures apart from the Emmet practitioner I know - and that may change with further rule relaxation next week.

My horse was one of the first our local physio team did after the main 3 week lockdown under vet agreement. I trotted her up for the therapist then tied her up with a haynet and took a seat some distance away.