Are there any rules about aff riders/horses in unaff classes?

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com

Just wondering because I went to unaff dressage Saturday on Bodey. Then went and saw my Instructor ride at affilated on Sunday and noticed someone on the same horse who was in my unaff Novice on the Saturday, was riding at the affiliated dressage on Sunday. Hope that makes sense?

It actually made me giggle a bit as I beat her anyway, so maybe Bodey could go BD?

Sorry about my naivety but really know nothing about affiliating.

Thanks,
Jo

TiaPony

Visit site
Prelim you can enter without a ticket!
You can enter Novice on a ticket
smile.gif

Worried1

Visit site
Generally unaffiliated competitions limit riders to those who have won less than £25 or thereabouts.

It is generally considered that you can compete unaffiliated at a level higher than you would compete affiliated - if that makes sense. That generally relys on good manners though rather than rules set in stone
wink.gif

BTW - my sister wants Bodey
wink.gif
we are sure we saw you hacking past the other day...

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
BTW - my sister wants Bodey we are sure we saw you hacking past the other day...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh thanks for that, makes sense! Oh quite possibly, I don’t know quite where you are but I know you are close to us, I hack quite a bit.

I have seen your husband ride quite a few times, standing watching in awe!

Worried1

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I have seen your husband ride quite a few times, standing watching in awe!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah thank you - that's really kind
laugh.gif

We moved to Volente, just up the road from the Beehive...

We have seen you a couple of times hacking on South Green Lane and I was sure it was you. Next time you are passing call in
smile.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
We moved to Volente, just up the road from the Beehive...

We have seen you a couple of times hacking on South Green Lane and I was sure it was you. Next time you are passing call in

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I will, I know exactly where you are! Lovely place you have there. I live in Bicknor!!!
grin.gif

star

Visit site
it's basically up to the unaffiliated show to make restrictions if they want to exclude affiliated riders. quite often see classes saying not to have any BD points, or not to have more than 10/20 BD points etc. if they dont make these restrictions then it's fine for an affiliated rider to enter.

There is a BD rule saying that affiliated riders cant compete in unaff competitions with a prize of more than £25 in value or prizes in kind. However, I've spoken to BD about this rule and they say there is no penalty for breaking it and they dont intend to do anything about trying to get people to stick to it. There are some big unaff champs round here and all the affiliated riders enter them.