Are these Ulcer Signs?

atropa

Visit site
- Being irritable when groomed, particularly on the right hand side, but around the neck/shoulder/ribs area, doesn't seem bothered about the actual tummy area being touched. I'm sure I read somewhere that this is a massive ulcer red flag but I can't relocate the information now that I actually am looking for it.
- being irritable when rugged, but again more the actual initial putting on of the rug around the wither/chest area rather than the surcingles or anything. Rug is always carefully folded, place on over the withers and pulled back rather than against the grain of the hair.

Do these sound like ulcer symptoms, or more indicative of pain/irritation around her neck and wither area?
Horse would be a reasonable candidate for ulcers as has moved several times over the past couple of years, is highly strung and has a (managed) chronic foot condition, however she has always been kept on an ulcer friendly diet and shows no signs of discomfort when being ridden. I know that doesn't necessarily mean there's not an issue though.
Vet is out on Wednesday to look at her anyway, just looking for others experiences.

skint1

Visit site
Hi Atropa, my horse had ulcers and I do remember the vet saying that sensitivity or even stiffness on the right hand side can be an indicator because the gut is located mostly on the right (or that was my understanding) In fact, the maintenance supplement my horse was given was called "Rite Trac" so it's a possibility. Ulcers can sometimes accompany other physical issues, in the case of my horse it was her SI/back/hocks, but that isn't always the case

atropa

Visit site
Thank you all for the comments, very useful as I was positive I wasn't making up the specific right hand sensitivity but was starting to doubt myself!