Are Trakehners still popular nowadays?

horsimous

Visit site
Looking at the 'for sale' ads there don't seem to be many Trakehners. Are they still a popular breed and what discipline do people buy them for?

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
There's quite a few uk breeders - if you check on the breed society page there should be a list. Generally used for dressage.

tristar

Visit site
in france used for top level eventing, i think its yarland summer song a stallion used a lot for breeding, and top level dressage, totilas x trak, and many by his sire gribaldi

Charla

Visit site
I have a rising 4 year old black Trakehner mare, she's bred for dressage and has a very elevated trot.

Rollin

Visit site
Two or three years ago, at an International Shagya convention in Europe, a representative of the Trakehner Stud book was present and thanked the Shagya for saving the Trakehner. I don't know the full history just that the Shagya was important for the breed survival. Today there are 10 Shagya stallions approved for entry into the Trakehner Stud book.

Yarland Summer Song is an eventing sire in France, a few years ago we saw some of his off-spring at Lion D'Angers 3 day event.