Are we due a baby??

Lammy

Visit site
More drama on our livery yard thankfully this time not my horse! We’ve got a game of is she or isn’t she pregnant. She’s expressing milk, very round and seems to be getting bigger teats and belly by the day... not to mention she’s come from a yard with stallions run buy a very untrustworthy person. It wouldn’t be far fetched to imagine a colt got out and was quietly put back without mention...

Without further ado pictures of horsey girly bits, vet is coming Thursday but it’s fun to have a guess?! So phantom or fake??

29eg6qd.jpg

2eupj02.jpg

2niprab.jpg

Lammy

Visit site
I should add the doubt is that she has been in season a fair few times this year. Does that happen in a pregnancy? She absolutely loves one of the geldings there so could this have brought on a phantom pregnancy?

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
What sort of colts/stallions were about at the place she came from? Any idea who the dad could be?

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
On being in season, that is not convincing unless a stallion said NO! With my old stallion, I regularly put mares in foal ad with foals at foot in the field right behind his turn-out. They would rush to the fence and start squirting furiously (got me worried the first time, lol.) He'd say Hi, then wander off to graze. I'd say she looks in foal and circumstances would certainly say it's more than 'possible'.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
More drama on our livery yard thankfully this time not my horse! We’ve got a game of is she or isn’t she pregnant. She’s expressing milk, very round and seems to be getting bigger teats and belly by the day... not to mention she’s come from a yard with stallions run buy a very untrustworthy person. It wouldn’t be far fetched to imagine a colt got out and was quietly put back without mention...

Without further ado pictures of horsey girly bits, vet is coming Thursday but it’s fun to have a guess?! So phantom or fake??

29eg6qd.jpg

2eupj02.jpg

2niprab.jpg
Yes I would say, saying vulva, big boobies, shape of stomach etc, is she soft round the tail head yet???

Lammy

Visit site
Nothing over night, I checked wobbly tail area yesterday and yep we have wobbles.

A little excited to see what the vet says tomorrow, although the owner is hoping it’s phantom. 😂
Unfortunately no stallions on our yard to test Janet
Where she came from there were some PRE stallions mostly stabled and a young colt about 2 fields down that was out 24/7.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Nothing over night, I checked wobbly tail area yesterday and yep we have wobbles.

A little excited to see what the vet says tomorrow, although the owner is hoping it’s phantom. 😂
Unfortunately no stallions on our yard to test Janet
Where she came from there were some PRE stallions mostly stabled and a young colt about 2 fields down that was out 24/7.
Then with wobbles I would say foal will be very soon - keep us updated

Velcrobum

Visit site
What is the mare's breeding? As if she is with foal it could be rather nice especially if daddy is PRE or PREx - does look rather like a BOGOF is about to occur!!

Lammy

Visit site
D-Day today! Owner thinks convincing phantom (or hoping) I think baby. Her bag is getting bigger by the hour let alone the day.

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
D-Day today! Owner thinks convincing phantom (or hoping) I think baby. Her bag is getting bigger by the hour let alone the day.

lol, I've been breeding quite a while now and never had a phantom pregnancy. The size of the boobs doesn't tell a lot - they'll be bigger in the morning and usually a bit smaller by night. What you have to watch is the direction the teats are pointing - if it's inwards or straight down, foaling isn't imminent. When they're pointing outwards, then watch closely. Not ALL mares wax up or drip milk.

Visit site
lol, I've been breeding quite a while now and never had a phantom pregnancy. The size of the boobs doesn't tell a lot - they'll be bigger in the morning and usually a bit smaller by night. What you have to watch is the direction the teats are pointing - if it's inwards or straight down, foaling isn't imminent. When they're pointing outwards, then watch closely. Not ALL mares wax up or drip milk.

We had a mare a couple of years ago who had no bags, no milk, no slackening, wasn't as big as she had been for her previous pregnancies (the last one was 8 years prior to that one) and looked like she had 2 months to go still (we couldn't remember when the stallion escaped for his whole 5 hours!! Bloody mares!!) At 8pm on the Wednesday evening. She popped out a foal in what must have been the small hours of the morning , had it up and feeding whilst beating the crap out of my 17hh tb! That wasn't the plan! She was going to be brought in the following week for the peace and quiet from the pest (tb) for the last month or so of pregnancy. Daft bint! Lol!

Op I would defos say you will have a foal by the end of the week!

monte1

Visit site
Can't add anything constructive, but how exciting- joined hoping for foal photos-
I have a foal due next April and am getting very excited even though still long time to wait !

Bs_mum

Visit site

I always follow the rule about the teats, as does my grandmother who's been breeding horses for 60 years however, we had a mare foal 2 weeks ago with teats pointing inwards, absolutely no signs of it being imminent at all, other than being in the foaling window. That was a 5am shock i tell you!