Are youngsters selling at the mo?

Alexart

Visit site
I put this in TR but got nothing so have stuck it here too -
I've a yearling TB x Friesian and a 2yr old pure friesian and so far I've advertised them on horse mart, adhorse, FB and preloved(it's free so thought what the hell!) but so far have had no genuine enquiries - I've had 2 numpties want to loan them - why you'd want a yearling or 2yr old on loan I have no idea!? But other than that I've had zip, I've got nice pics including a confo shot and they're from proven lines but still lots of hits but no calls which I've never had before as we're usually swamped with folk wanting to visit?!
So what other horse sites do folk visit to look for youngsters, I know the market is awful at the mo and i've priced them accordingly but don't want to give them away as they are really nice, but is anything selling at all??!

ihatework

Visit site
To sell youngers they have to be pretty commercial or eye wateringly cheap.
I really cannot imagine a TBxFriesan would be massively sellable until under saddle tbh.
I know nothing about Friesians, but provided your youngster is of good breeding and true to type, I would imagine there would be a market and you would be best exploring websites/forums specifically for the breed

burge

Visit site
My friend has just sold another 3 of hers recently and they keep selling. They are not cheap but they are very good quality.

Dry Rot

Visit site
Quality will always sell. The problem seems to be to get the message across to potential buyers that you have what they want. Photos and videos are a help but a bad picture can easily put people off. I bought one of my best mares quite cheaply because the seller had photographed her at a bad angle -- and through a gate!

I've just looked at my past seven sales. In six cases, the first to view bought and in the seventh it was the second who viewed (the first viewer of this one offered the full price but was refused as she lacked experience!). Three were sold to homes over 500 miles away so being remote doesn't seem to be the problem.

I'd love a few tips on how to encourage people to come to view as that seems to be the stumbling block!

Alexart

Visit site
Burge which sites is she selling them through!!:D I know they are pretty niche market types but having looked at for sale sites this morning I've never seen so many horses for sale - maybe it's just me - but where are they all coming from?!! And you're right ihatework - there are alot of very nice horses going soooo cheap - the breeders won't have even covered their basic costs, and folk are still breeding?!!:O
I'm not worried if I do end up keeping them for the mo as the TB x's siblings are all doing so well at the mo it's just I don't have alot of free time, but ones winning heaps of working hunter classes and is off to HOYS again this year and was in H&H not that long ago, his sister is at Crackenthorpe stud doing dressage and show jumping and is doing very well, his other brother who's a total clone is on loan to a film/TV/jousting company down south and is doing well, so he is a useful type but I guess the fact we are also in the middle of nowhere doesn't help either!:( I may have someone coming this weekend to look at the full friesian so fingers crossed they turn up!!:rolleyes:
I've tried breed forums but most folk want a ridden horse for peanuts - I'll keep looking but if they don't sell it's not the end of the world, they're both very sweet!:D

Alexart

Visit site
Agree Dryrot getting folk to actually visit is the major problem so if anyone has any tips in this climate that would be great! I think I'll dig out the video camera this week when we get some sunshine and get some action shots, and don't worry I have taken shots that aren't through a gate, I can't put them on here to see what you think as I'm sure admin would delete them, but it always amazes me when folk do that, or they take a shot of it's nose close up or it lying down or yawning - people do it with stallion ads too!!!:D :rolleyes:

Rollin

Visit site
On the basis of her pedigree, photos and video I had a firm offer from Spain, for my 3 year old Shayga filly at a good price.

I decided not to sell her. It is a two way ticket. I don't breed many horses but want the best homes for them. I can run on my youngsters till 3-4 years old, which helps.