Are your Mares in season

paulineh

Visit site
All 3 of my mares are heavily in season. I introduced a nice chap on Saturday (A 16.1hh AA gelding) since then the girls have sworn all over him. My other 2 chaps have never had that effect on the girls.

Has this mild weather fooled them into thinking spring is here.

Magicmadge

Visit site
My shettie has been a total tart all week and is standing at every opportunity with her bum in her fieldmates face. He bless him tries to oblige but gets bored after 20 seconds!!!!!

tonitot

Visit site
Think Ethel is, haven't groomed her for a while so groomed her tonight. Her tail was sticky and she had stuff all down her back legs :rolleyes: her temperament doesn't really change when she's in season, in fact if anything she gets a bit cuddly, she normally just puts up with cuddles :p

DuckToller

Visit site
Thank goodness, thought it was just my one.

She's backing into the gelding with her tail to the side, giving him all the right signals, and she can't understand why he won't oblige, bless him.

pintoarabian

Visit site
Mine haven't stopped all winter either, and we're in Scotland! Even my 32 year old Welsh Sec A mare is in season. She's got the geldings wrapped around her little hooves and loving every minute of it! :D

Fools Motto

Visit site
Haven't stopped all winter here too. Tart! The gelding is now 31, would have thought that she wouldn't want to show her backside to him, but she tries! He doesn't know what to do about it mind!!

muff747

Visit site
All 3 of my mares are heavily in season. I introduced a nice chap on Saturday (A 16.1hh AA gelding) since then the girls have sworn all over him. My other 2 chaps have never had that effect on the girls.

Has this mild weather fooled them into thinking spring is here.

A new gelding will bring mares into season but there are mares at my yard have come into season too.