Area Festival 2nd rounds question and a bit of frustration!

ann-jen

Visit site
I'm a bit confused as to whether I've definitely qualified or not! We attended the 1st rounds in June and came 7th with a fairly average score of 62.8%. The venue we attended said this was a qualification for the 2nd rounds and yet I've had no correspondence from BD or Pet Plan to confirm this.
Looking at the Pet Plan site I'm further confused as it says the top 10 go forward to round 2 and there is no mention as to a minimum score so assumed this to be 62 or above as per the 1st rounds.
It then says to go to the national final you need over 63% .... I've interpreted this as >63 at 2nd rounds not 1st. But am now wondering if I'm wrong about this and haven't qualified at all!
Plus on the Pet Plan website it states my local venue for the 2nd rounds is running 7/8th October, so I booked the Friday off work in order to travel as still a >3h journey down..... but now see on the BD website it states running on 21/22nd!!! I also SJ an have booked onto the BS academy camp that weekend and paid the deposit to take 2 horses so cannot attend 21/22nd if this is the actual date on not the date on the petplan website!!! I've tried ringing BD to clarify and just keep getting 'all operators busy' so I've emailed both BD and Petplan and had no reply from either.
The next closest venue to me is a 5h drive and I wouldn't be able to get the time off work the night before for travel.... so basically wondered if anyone knew first off whether I have actually qualified with that score or not! Because if I haven't I shall just go off showjumping and enjoy camp.... but if I have I will need to look into the logistics of making such a long trip there and back in a day to the other venue which would be the week before camp so quite a lot of travelling for both me and the horse :-/
TIA to anyone that might know!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
As far as I know, the second rounds ate referred to as the 'area festival finals', and the 'area festival championships' follow on from them. So yes, I believe you need 63% to go through (assuming you're competing prelim to elementary).

ann-jen

Visit site
Oh thank you for clarifying that.... so actually looks like I missed out by 0.2% :-/ but at least I don't have to face 10h of driving I guess! (And yes this was at novice)
still think they need to clarify the date and update whichever site is wrong tho as I doubt I'm the only one that's affected by it!

sackospuds

Visit site
Hi, I've just double checked, the update from BD about the second rounds, or finals, is that top 10 with over 62% prelim to elementary and top 5 with over 60% medium upwards qualify. I agree the information being published for the area festivals is very misleading, as they all say different things, but I've been assured that the update issued in May this year is correct. Getting through to the championship is invitational.
As to your venue, you've not stated where you plan to go, and there are 4 or 5 planned for that weekend, the Area Festivals page in the BD website has them listed, or check with the venue directly, as entries may be closing soon.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Hi, I've just double checked, the update from BD about the second rounds, or finals, is that top 10 with over 62% prelim to elementary and top 5 with over 60% medium upwards qualify. I agree the information being published for the area festivals is very misleading, as they all say different things, but I've been assured that the update issued in May this year is correct. Getting through to the championship is invitational.
As to your venue, you've not stated where you plan to go, and there are 4 or 5 planned for that weekend, the Area Festivals page in the BD website has them listed, or check with the venue directly, as entries may be closing soon.

Yes, it looks like you're right about the percentage - they couldn't be much more confusing if they tried could they..... http://www.britishdressage.co.uk/news/show/2967-update-petplan-equine-afs

ann-jen

Visit site
Ok thanks for that info.... It was Manor Grange I was intending going to .... but does look like its the date of 21/22nd as per the BD website and not 7/8th as listed on Petplan.... which clashes with the camp.... the next closest for me would be up in Scotland at Morris which would be a fair old trek for me.... its frustrating as if I'd realized the date on the Petplan site was incorrect/been changed I wouldn't have booked on to the BS camp so need to make my mind up whether its worth the journey or not after a long day at work I guess when realistically we aren't likely to progress any further towards the national final :-/

ann-jen

Visit site
It does look fairly direct on the motorway.... its just I'm at work til 6pm Friday and so guess would end up travelling in the early hours of Saturday.... in theory could stay over Saturday night then travel back the following day to break up the driving but both me and the horse would be fairly tired for the test I think following the journey...

leflynn

Visit site
Its an option at least! Mine travelled to houghton hall and we got caught in traffic so ended up taking almost 6 hours with stops and he bounced out the next morning so might be okay?

ann-jen

Visit site
At least overnight (hopefully) the traffic wouldn't be too bad I guess..... its definitely worth a bit more thought. Will have to check when the entry closes and make a decision as late as I can get away with! And maybe plead for a late time! Has anyone else had confirmation from either BD or Petplan as I've been expecting an email and had nothing.....

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
no emails, I have 3 qualifications to 2nd rounds and haven't received anything. but then the last lot of first rounds haven't happened yet... BD have said to go ahead and enter 2nd rounds if yours is taking entries already.

wingedhorse

Visit site

daffy44

Visit site
I also have three qualifications to the second rounds and I havent heard anything from BD, and given their usual incompetence with this kind of thing, I'm not holding my breath! I'm just going to do my entries and not worry about BD.

ann-jen

Visit site
Ok thanks everyone..... so the conclusion is I've definitely qualified but am unable to attend MG at the amended date, so now just have to decide if want to make a trip up to sunny Scotland :)

Notimetoride

Visit site
I honestly think Im going to give the AF a miss next year. Im STILL waiting for times for this weekends AF at Sparsholt which were supposed to be published yesterday. And we didnt get times for the Mount Ballan AF until I think the day before. I just find it all a right old hoo haa. This will be my third time at an AF and may be my last. I can just pootle along quite happily at my local BD venue (whilst BD never update my record) which is far less stressful :)

ann-jen

Visit site
Well I've managed to wangle the Friday afternoon off work prior to Morris running so doesn't look out of the question for me to go now! :)