Area festival vs regionals

ann-jen

Visit site
I know I'm not supposed to do both. I've definitely got scores to qualify for the area festival this year, and have 12 of the 19 points I need at prelim for the winter regionals and hope to have the remaining points well before the November cut off point. As the winter regionals aren't til February does that mean I could in theory still do the area festival next month or not??? TIA!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
From my understanding on the rules you cannot do them in the same season, so Summer regionals 2014 and PPAF 2014 would not be allowed. However PPAF 2014 and Winters 2015 are different seasons so you can compete at Prelim at both, however if you gain qualification from the AF and the regionals for the Winter championship you would have to decide then which to compete under.

I'm planning on competing at PP at elementary but still aiming towards Winter qualification. I cannot however do PP at Novice having just been to Summer regionals at Noivce.

Happy to be corrected on this though!

x x

daffy44

Visit site
AlexHyde, your almost right! As said, you cant do AF and regionals at the same level in the same year, so prelim regional summer 2014 aand prelim AF 2014 is a not allowed. But you can do prelim AF summer 2014 and prelim winter regionals 2015, BUT if you qualify at both, you cant choose which to do, the regional qualification stands and you loose the AF qualification.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
ah so close :D but makes sense! Not that we have a hope in hell of that ever happening to us :D, so not something I'm really concerned about ;).

Thanks for clarifying!

x x

ann-jen

Visit site
That's what I wondered. However my local area festival is running on a weekend I'm working so would have travel further from home if I wanted to do it on another weekend. Don't want to put a load of effort in to compete miles away if it screws up the regional qualification! Will think it over some more!

ann-jen

Visit site
Ah I see. Nope I'm aiming to go to the regionals for a sense of achievement but am unlikely to be competitive I think lol

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
You should be fine then, your PP qualification will not affect your regional qualification.

But if you qualify for the Winter Championship at both the regional qualification would take precedence.

x x

ann-jen

Visit site
Fab :) I think we would be more likely to be competitive at the areas and no chance at the regionals.... now just have to have a long think about where to go to do the areas or if I can swap a weekend with someone in order to go more locally :-/