Arena Mirrors

Sparklet

Visit site
After a lengthy period of fund raising we have finally collected enough money to purchase an arena mirror for our yard menage. However the fund raising has taken so long I have completely lost the details of the mirror we were budgeting for and I could do with some pointers and some advice from anyone has some to share.

The mirror must be a safety type and because it is going to be erected next to a fenced outdoor arena it will need a back board and posts to plant it firmly in the ground (the menage is in a valley and it can get windy).

Can anyone point me in the direction of a 'not too expensive' supplier and give some installation tips...I realise we might be able to purchase the mirror without back board and posts and then could perhaps buy them locally from a wood shop....thickness of board/type of wood advice would be useful if we went down that route.

Anything gratefully received...thanks

misterjinglejay

Visit site
Try not to get acrlyc (sp?) cos they seem to warp, even on a thick board, although they are the cheapest. You end up looking like you are 10 feet tall and are riding a tiny legged horse - fairground mirror styley. Or maybe I was ....?
crazy.gif