Arena Surfaces

4faults

Visit site
I am all set to move into my new place new month which is very exciting however I would like to have the old arena refurbished and I am struggling on choosing a surface. What surfaces does everyone prefer? I am afraid I have been looking and researching that long I now can’t see the wood for the trees 😂

Muddywellies

Visit site
I would strongly advise against rubber. It makes white socks filthy, if its too deep it isn't stable, it's impossible to dispose of when it's worn out and it awful for the environment, leaching chemicals into the water table. When I installed an arena the local council banned me from using it. Sand/fibre type surfaces are wonderful, and I've heard good reports about carpet fibre surfaces, tho I'm not sure how carpet fibre surfaces affect the environment.

Outdoorgirl

Visit site
I'm with MW and the rubber. Apart from making whites dirty, it can stink if it gets hot sun on it. I've got Flexiride and love it. Hardly any maintenance required and I can use it no matter what the weather does to me. Good luck making the decision. Let us know what you decide.

Asha

Visit site
sand and fibre all the way for me as well. Just make sure you do your research and get the right one. I believe the stuff we had down came from Broxton gallops. But just make sure you get it premixed before its delivered. Its been down 5 years now and still looks and rides fab. Far superior to rubber as MW alludes, its much more stable than rubber.