Argh premier equine trio vs rambo duo

Coffee_Bean

www.horseandhound.co.uk
I have read so many posts on here about these, but none seem to come to a definate conclusion!! Some people rave about PE, some hate it?!?

The PE rug is on sale and you can get 3 liners, 2 neck covers and the outer thing for £122.

I have found the rambo for £200 with the outer and 2 liners.

Now I want something that will last but not sure I can justify te extra £80 and it not be a complete set?! So what are your opinions on both rugs?

Or would you get something else entirely?? I have to say I loove the amigos that some at my yard wear, so light and half decent quality, but then that's 3 rugs to buy instead of 1?!

Help please
smile.gif

Mrs_Wishkabibble

Visit site
Well, I have just taken delivery of the Trio and have to say I am very impressed. It is a lovely rug, fits well and is nice and deep. Love the different liners and neck covers, all in separate bags (I am a rug addict I may add)

It was bought for my youngster and she has previously had Amigos but I did like the idea of the liners so ordered a Rhino plus with the removeable neck and liners available.

I liked the Rhino but there was no fill in the neck cover and the neck was also quite short and for the £120 as a medium without the liners I wasn't that impressed so sent it back and ordered the Trio.

Glad I made that decision I must say.

So to your original question, The Trio gets my vote!
smile.gif

sonjafoers

Visit site
I've no experience with PE but I would say you can't beat Rambo and definately get what you pay for in terms of fit and quality. However, I did try the Duo and didn't get on with it at all despite being a total Rambo fan. I found the metal 'hoops' on the neck rubbed one of my mares and the fit wasn't as good as the Rambo Supreme which is the same shape rug. i do know others who love their Duos so if you are happy with the Duo in itself I would say spend the extra & get it - you can't get much better than a Rambo IMO

Flame_

Visit site
PE are good value for money but they are very deep rugs and the breast straps often sit very low. I use mine as a spare but if I use it all the time it starts to rub my mare's shoulders. They would probably suit something with a very think neck. I prefer horseware for my horse.

Keltic

Visit site
I love PE rugs! If you go past mine have a nosey at Kel's she is always snug! it fits lovely never moves, dries nice and quick too! Infact id go as far to say it better than my Taka!!
*whispers** the delivery man came with a big bag yesterday from PE!! oops seems like Katie now has one aswell!!***

Puppy

Visit site
I love rambos, and would buy nothing else now
smile.gif
PE on the other hand, I ordered one and didn't like it at all, so sent it back.

PS - I have a couple of horsewear rugs for sale, so if you do need some, let me know what you're looking for
wink.gif

SpottedCat

Visit site
I got lucky the other day and bought a Fal Commando with neck cover and liner for £100 in a sale. So a MW which can be upgraded to a HW, ace! Should have been £170 for the rug and £48 for the liner, so I got an absolute bargain!

Mabel98

Visit site
The Duo is brilliant, totally worth the money except the neck covers come up small. The rug never moves, is still light when soaked and never rubs. The reflective strips are useful in the dark too. I had a PE rug a couple of years ago and the quality then was poor by comparison

swellhillcottage

Visit site
PE for me - i have had both but decided the Duo is expensive and not deep enough it is smart but when turning out with other horses it has been ripped by unruly teeth!
Trio great value more choice warmer rug!!!

Sharonxx

trendybraincell

Visit site
I took delivery of my PE trio earlier this week...and as a PE rug virgin I was a little apprehensive spending that much when I didn't really know how it would fit The Welsh Cob!!

BUT.....I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want another just so I have a spare set!!

WetandMuddy

Visit site
I have a Rambo Duo with liners and the Weatherbeeta Tristar with liners.

The Rambo is great, looks good but the neck rubs his mane where it meets the rug at the withers (he only wears it when it is pouring with rain). It is lightweight and I really rate it.

The Weatherbeeta appears warmer, is very smart fits fantastically - in fact in most way I prefer it. HOWEVER, when wet it is extremely heavy and take a bloody age to dry.

The PE Trio is, I think, on a par with the Duo except the necks are better (they are elasticated at the ears to prevent drafts).

If I was buying again - I would probably go for the PE!

TequilaMist

Visit site
I just got PE last week and after putting it on my horse was suprisingly impressed.IT was nice and deep and even OH said should have bought 2 as price was good.I want one for others now

sugarlump121

Visit site
Well. I have a rug addiction so I believe I can help you with this!

I brought the Rambo Duo for my boy in December. Its a brill fit as far as the rug is concerned but the neck cover is useless- I cant even fasten it and my boy's a wb x so not even a chunky boy. Love the liners so much have now got all of them.

When PE sale began, I brought him the 200g, 300g and 450g (already have 450+200) but they're such brill rugs I brought more! The only reason I've not brought a trio is because they never had any 7 foots- even from day 1!!! I find these rugs fit all horses well- half of my yard have them, and the neck covers fit everything perfect too! The fact that you have 2 neck covers is fab as you've always got a spare. These keep my boy cleaner too as they're deeper.

Sooo... PE gets my vote- esp at that mega cheap price!

Just to add, Im currently using a PE 200g with a Rambo liner, so Im a bit of both!
smile.gif

jumptoit

Visit site
Premier Equine any day, mine fit a lanky verging on hat rack TB, fat Half TB and humongous cob! They are awesome rugs
grin.gif
! Have never had them rub even though Mastas have rubbed both my TBs!

Fiona

Visit site
PE every time....

Haven't had the trio mind you (though would love one), but the HW winterbusters have seen my 2 girls through 2 full winters so far without a mark on them. Really deep and fit well (TB and an IDx)

The PE neckcovers are fantastic and really stay in place well.

Fiona

dutchytom

Visit site
I have both rugs. My TB has the rambo duo and it is great on him but on my heavier WBxID it was too tight on the shoulders and neck so bought him the PE rug and it was a bargain in the sale!! I think it depends on build of horse for any rug - what is great on one might not be great on another!

Achinghips

Visit site
PE - fantastico!!! The sale is amazing. We're all wearing the PE 2010 uniform in our yard - lol. Fits my narrow chested Tb well, no rubbing, warm. My girl is snug as a bug and comfy.
Customer service is fab, too and they'll rush the order if you're nice to them on the phone. Will never buy another make of rug - ever!!
I have the winter buster, the medium weightcombo 200, the buster trio - and a friend on the yard has just had the travel boots too, which are absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

kal40

Visit site
I'm a total PE fan - have all sorts of them but never tried the trio until earlier this week. Love it - so does my boy - he looks very handsome
grin.gif

Nic

Visit site
I have the Duo & luckily got it half price or I wouldn't be happy with it. The neck cover supplied is too short & narrow for my TB build WB (he doesn't have a big WB neck) It also is a wee bit tight at the withers & he doesn't have overly high withers. I'd also like a bigger tail flap. I'm a WB fan so would probably go for their version next time, though tempted by PE's

MagicMelon

Visit site
I would get the Weatherbeeta Tristar. I havent tried the PE one, but did have a Rambo Duo and HATED it, it was awful (leaked, neck attachment ripped several times, didnt fit well etc.). Whereas my WB Tristar is doing its 2nd winter and still going strong. Excellent rug.