ARGH PROBLEMS!!

PinkFairy

Visit site
why is it horses just dont do as their told in lessons?! i hate that my horse constantly follows the horse in front, i do my hardest to show who is boss but he completely ignores me! and when i want to turn corners he walks or trots (whichever gait were in) sideways rather than turn his neck and turn his body! it feels a bit awkward! otherwise, he is a lovely horse and he does do what he is told its just these points its awful to control him! the other horse i ride is incredibly ploddy and most of the time i want to give up - she just wont move for anybody! so sorry for the rant i just get a bit irritated when i cant work well with a lovely horse!

Caritas

Visit site
I think you need to relax with this whole situation. How long have you been with your instructor, would it be worth trying another? Could your instructor get on for 5 mins at the beginning of your lesson to work your horse in a little before you getting on? Just a couple of pointers??

beh

Visit site
chill dude
wink.gif
, just kep trying and youll get there.

GTs

Visit site
I would beat him - - nothing works like a good beating. I would use a long whip, put a bit of wire on the end too!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Are you at a riding school or are you talking about your own horses? If you are at a Riding School then I would say find somewhere else, it is possible to find a riding School where the horses are well schooled. If they are you own horses then have you though about having someone more experienced to school them for you? Have you spoken to your instructor about this?

At the end of the day riding is meant to be fun so if you aren’t enjoying it then something needs to change!