Argh witherless pony!!!

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Hey folks. Looking for a little help here and some suggestions please :)

I have a baby pony to bring on welsh sec D x Dales 14.2hh turned 5 in august past.

Had a cob saddle fitted to her, great wee saddle fits her and me BUT the one issue we have is that as soon as we go downhill it slips forwards :mad: saddlefitter has tried several different saddles on her and all had the same issues (along with some others hence why I have the one I have :D). She was broken to drive but after and accident and a fright it was never worked upon. Reluctant to try a crupper as anything that reminds her of the driving sends her into a panic.

We are sure its her lack of withers (shes still bum high as well) thats causing the issue as other than when going downhill the saddle stays where is it with no bridging, running or other movement :)

So help please!!! :)

amandap

Visit site
I don't wish to offend but is she a little overweight? My 14hh pony has got much more pronounced withers since being on a diet.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
She naturally has a big front and a barrel boddy being M&MxM&M she is a wide as she is high.

For being rugless during the day at this time of year and had a blanket clip (yes I am cruel but she lives on air!!) Id say she actually wasnt bad :)

She is naturally big in the neck but not cresty very upright in her build and very short coupled the saddler said she was a bit of a nightmare to fit :eek: