Ariat Bromont wearers - do they stretch..?!

diddy

Visit site
Hi everyone,

I've just bought myself a lovely pair of insulated Ariat Bromonts. I only went to try some different pairs on but they were on sale and looked so fab it felt like a waste not to get them :)

Lovethemlovethemlovethem, but they feel a bit tight where the laces are i.e. where my foot meets my leg. I also tried on the next size up and they felt tight in the same spot, but my feet were paddling about in them so they were clearly too big in the foot.

So, the question is (knew there was one in here somewhere!) - should they feel tight there? Or should I take them back and get something else? The nice lady in the shop said they will stretch. And said I could bring them back if I change my mind.

What do you reckon..? Did your Bromonts stretch or am I deluding myself and should accept that I have weird-shaped legs and these boots are not for me?!

Thank you very much for any advice :D

Diddy x

WandaMare

Visit site
I guess it depends how tight they are and how much you need them to stretch, but all i can say is that yes mine have stretched, the leather is very soft and after a bit of wear it does soften even more. Unfortunately mine have gone a bit baggy round the calves.......probably due to overuse though because I love them, they are so comfy....

Bluejazz

Visit site
I have a pair but use them only for competition, so not worn enough to see if they stretch. However I have many other ariats and they have stretched there so I expect they will. You do know they come in different calf widths? think they do standard and wide.
I would say if they are tight but not uncomfortable then you'll be ok. At home can you sit with them on for 30 mins and wander about and not get leg ache? If you get leg ache then prob not the right size.

They are fab boots!

caberston

Visit site
mine were insanely tight at the very top but have stretched loads and are now comfortable so i would think yours will stretch at the laces as they wear in :)

diddy

Visit site
Thanks for all your comments. Sounds like I should hang onto them after all - yippee! I feel like my riding's improving just thinking about them :)

Diddy x

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I got mine for Xmas and by the third or fourth time of wearing them they felt like I'd always had them. I hunted in them within a week - my old boots took YEARS to break in, no joke. I love the Bromonts. Also, I spoke directly to Ariat about sizing and they sent me a couple of pairs of heel risers which really help - worth emailing them.

Only problem... I managed to get deposited in mud out hunting while wearing them and can't get them properly clean. Anyone know the best way to get the really clean?? I can't really scrub waxed leather as it will ruin it but they're all stained now :( Also, how do you get white sweat/dust marks off the suede on the inside of the calf?

Addicted to Hunting

Visit site
Mine get washed after hunting, if really muddy with fairly liquid and a brush, all over, allowed to dry naturally and then polished!!! The polish really helps protect them ive got a pair of black and also brown boots, my brown boots were used as yard riding boots so were quite well used but have lasted 2 AH seasons like this, my black ones were competition boots and are now on their 3rd full hunt season ( at least twice a week) and they clean up and polish really well, ( they are like the original boots with a green lining) I love them. Another tip of you ever scratch them, ie from a tree, apply super glue along the the line and then lots of polish!!

cheeryplatypus

Visit site
I had a pair last year and they softened up a treat, very comfy!
Then they developed a fault and Ariat kindly replaced them. The new pair as you have found are very stiff in the lace area. I think they may have changed the leather in this area as it is where my old ones leaked and these a completely differently construction.
I hope they stretch too!
they advised me to ensure I remove hay and straw from the lace area ;)
Great boots though.

diddy

Visit site
Ooh, lots of happy Bromont wearers then :eek:) Great to hear they clean up nicely. I only want to use them for competitions and lessons but I'm still a bit of a pig so they're likely to get grubby :) Love the superglue trick - wonder if Ariat have that on their website?!

D.x