Ariat bromonts - another thread !

Tarandes Bear

Visit site
Please help ! The most beautiful pair of Ariat Bromont Insulated boots arrived this morning and I'm deliberating about the fit and need your help. I'm only 5ft 4" - size 5 feet with calves measuring 15 1/4 ish. Pretty standard legs but obviously not overly long! I ordered my boots after studying Ariats size chart and decided on the black oiled version in 'short/wide'. I've tried the boots on with thick breeches and they zip up relatively easily, with just a little bit of huffing and tugging, BUT they are quite roomy at the top of the leg, (where the zip finishes and the press stud does up), - despite the calf area being filled out nicely. The length I feel is good, - they are just wrinkling in the crease at the back of my leg. Please can someone put my mind at ease - are these boots going to be OK or are they going to get bigger at the top? I'm tempted to try the full width with the regular height, but feel they would be way too long for someone so short! Any first hand experiences would be greatly welcomed - thank you! :)

FireFly29

Visit site
I bought mine at Burghley last year, I'm normally a size 7 but the lady on the stand recommended a size 6.5, which was tighter to zip up but she said they would give and mould to my leg.
They now fit really nicely and zip up easily so I think a 7 would now be a bit loose if I had got them.
Just to say also that they haven't got bigger at the top, only slightly bigger at the widest part of my calf.
Does anywhere near you stock them so you could try on a smaller size?

Last edited:

Dreckly

Visit site
Would totally agree with going down a size. I have 2 pairs one my normal size which are now a bit big on the foot and the calf, and one half size down which are perfect in foot and calf, height has always been fine. They have a good amount of stretch in them and although the smaller size were a little tight at first, after a couple of times they were fine.

calmgirl

Visit site
I'm a 5 1/2 and the 6 fit perfectly.
They haven't stretched at all but did drop slightly and I was glad as Im 5.7 and found them very slightly too tall to start with. I would say the regular height might be too tall !

LiffWee93

Visit site
try the size down, and try the full calf with regular length- i was speaking to an ariat rep and she fitted me a pair, im 5ft2, with a 14.5" calf, and she zipped up the regulars on me without much hassle, she said they need to be really quite snug as the give quite a bit, im normally a five foot and fit the fours easily, the smaller size also gives a shorter height. a friend bought a pair that were just comfortable when she bought them and now needs two thick insoles to keep them still!
if the height is an issue, contact ariat and see if you can order some heel riser wedges, i have to use them in the regular height bromont, and you can put two in if needs be, but make sure it isnt too tight in the foot if you have a high instep :) bear in mind that they drop about 3/4 of an inch (about three quarters of the leather tab with the popper on) :)
i find them comfortable to ride in even when a tad long, but then i ride quite long anyway :) good luck!

Tarandes Bear

Visit site
Wow, various comments, but thank you all so, so much! I thought I'd update you all on the situation, so here's what I've done. The 'short / wide' boots have been returned ..... I tried them on again this morning with the thickest of breeches and socks and they were virtually like wellies and also despite being new they were sitting at the correct height, so obviously with wearing in they would become way too short. Rang around a few locall stores (which in Cornwall amounts to two, yes two Ariat stockists!) and off I set this afternoon absolutley, 100% determined to come home with new boots that fit! Well, what a shock. I've been to see an Ariat Boot Fitter and I am now the proud owner of a pair of Bromonts H20, size 5, full width, regular height in waxed black !!!! Yes, they're a little bit too tall but hardly anything to mention, and I'm sure within a few weeks they will be a perfect height. So, thanks again for all your valued input and for anyone else out there reading and wondering the same, You can wear a regular height boot if you're a short arse at 5ft 4" !!! x x