Ariat Grasmere or Dubarrys?

Aidey

Visit site
I'm getting some new boots and really love both of these two! However I am leaning more towards the grasmeres as I heard Dubarrys aren't made/good for riding in and the Grasmeres are.

Any pro's/cons on either boots you could enlighten me with?

KVH

Visit site
My Grasmeres (Actually, Glaciers-basically the same, although more leather, rather than suede) are fantastic, would thoroughly recommend.
Nearly 4 years on and still going strong, despite my lack of looking after them :rolleyes:

LittleGinger

Visit site
I wanted some Dubarrys and had been saving up for a pair for ages - boyfriend went to buy me some as a present (with it written on a piece of paper - he's not horsey!) and was told by the lady in the shop "actually, we've had a lot of people bringing these back and we have to keep sending them on to Dubarry to be repaired... these have been doing much better." and she sold him the Grasmeres, despite the fact that they were £100 cheaper and non-horsey boyfriend could probably have been convinced to buy anything she put in front of him!

I originally kept them 'for best' but then got lazy and just use them for everything - riding, mucking out, poo picking, lungeing... etc. They are so comfy, warm in winter and yet magically still cool in summer! I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair when these are worn out, although I hope that won't be for a while.