Ariat sunstopper tops

Polos

Visit site
Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience of the ariat sunstopper tops? Do they stop you getting burnt? Are they breathable/cool? And most importantly are they worth £45?

I’m actually allergic to suncream so I’ve been getting quite burnt out hacking. I saw these online and thought they could be a good solution if they work

Mule

Visit site
I don't believe it's possible to burn through clothing. I think the sunstopper clothes are a fad. I'm fair and i've been in the Sinai desert in 40 degree heat and haven't burnt through my clothes.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Love Ariat clothing but haven't bought their sunstopper tops. I do have other brand walking tops which are hi tech textiles and they work well in that they're cool and dry out quickly if you get sweaty.
That said, as a young child, I lived in west Africa and no one used sunscreen, loose cotton or linen stopped us getting burnt.

Polos

Visit site
I don't believe it's possible to burn through clothing. I think the sunstopper clothes are a fad. I'm fair and i've been in the Sinai desert in 40 degree heat and haven't burnt through my clothes.

I’m wanting something long sleeved and breathable hence why I thought they could work 😊 I have really fair sensitive skin that gets burnt easily but I can’t wear suncream as I’m allergic to it so looking for something to cover up but still stay cool

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I don't have one myself but I have been told good things about the Ariat Icefil tops (AriatTEK Women's Tri Factor UV IceFil 1/4 Zip Top - to give it its full name! ;)). I also saw reviews about them on the chronicle of the horse forum and other brands were mentioned there too, so maybe have a look on that forum?

Polos

Visit site
I don't have one myself but I have been told good things about the Ariat Icefil tops (AriatTEK Women's Tri Factor UV IceFil 1/4 Zip Top - to give it its full name! ;)). I also saw reviews about them on the chronicle of the horse forum and other brands were mentioned there too, so maybe have a look on that forum?

Thankyou I will take a looks at these!

Bernster

Visit site
Been testing mine in the Montana sunshine this week! I like them for the fit and to have a long sleeve that I could go xc in over the summer, but never before bothered about the heat side as English summers haven’t usually been too hot.

Anyway, mine has stood up very well in high 20s temps here and strong sunshine. No sun screen on, top is as cool as you can be given that it is still warm here. Most folks here wear cotton shirts though which seem to work as well and prob a lot cheaper! You still need protection around your neck and face though.

Reacher

Visit site
Been testing mine in the Montana sunshine this week! I like them for the fit and to have a long sleeve that I could go xc in over the summer, but never before bothered about the heat side as English summers haven’t usually been too hot.

Anyway, mine has stood up very well in high 20s temps here and strong sunshine. No sun screen on, top is as cool as you can be given that it is still warm here. Most folks here wear cotton shirts though which seem to work as well and prob a lot cheaper! You still need protection around your neck and face though.
Bernster I could really go off you 😂😂
(Glad you are having a fab holiday!)