Arkan

Eothain

Visit site
Can anybody point me in the direction of some information on the AES stallion Arkan. I know he's in Ireland now and has a cracker of a pedigree but I can't find any photos of him anywhere and can't find any info on what he did in competition

eventrider23

Visit site
Don't know what he has done performance wise although his full sister went to Z champs, etc. Have seen a couple of gorgeous foals by him though.

Eothain

Visit site
Thanks guys. I'll have to get that Drumhowan brochure. I surely have one here somewhere!!! I believe that he covered the mother of Castleforbes Libertina, so he must be worth a punt sometime at least!

GinnieRedwings

Visit site
I looked at him a couple of years ago when I was looking for a young show jumping stallion, as well as his half brother Arkida (who is with Nick Skelton).

I seem to remember he was with Anne Bedford, but I may be wrong. He was only 4 at the time, so I didn't worry too much about competition record, as you say, cracking pedigree. He seems to have not done much though, a bit strange?

Interestingly, Arkida was gelded 3 years ago - I assumed he couldn't keep his mind on the job and as my mare was already on the sharp side, I passed on the frozen Kington offered me...

Magister

Visit site
I had a fab young horse by Arkan. He had a lovely trainable temperament,talent and ability. Sadly became unsound from OCD. It was a long time ago so Arkan must be getting on a bit.

GinnieRedwings

Visit site
I had a fab young horse by Arkan. He had a lovely trainable temperament,talent and ability. Sadly became unsound from OCD. It was a long time ago so Arkan must be getting on a bit.

Magister, can't be the same horse. Arkan (Arko III x Kannan) was born in 2004.

cushla

Visit site
Expecting foal on June 9 ArkanxLuxZxTouchdownxCavalier Royale.Arkan stands at Drumhowan Stud with his first foals expected this year.

lscott

Visit site
I just saw him yesterday at Drumhowan stud. Hes a really impressive young stallion. stands 17hh good bone. typical flat top line . really moves out well . to me he looks alot like his sire Arko. Arko x Kannan x Incitatus. won't produce chestnuts.

drumhowanstud@eircom.net

hope that helps. :)

sammySL

New User
Visit site
Hi, I own the mare 'Patine' who is the mother of Castle Forbes Libertina. We did have a foal with Patine x Arkan and they produced a stunning stallion named Arkantine SR. He is approx 16.3hh and aged 4 years. He is just finishing his breaking in and will be starting to compete soon.
srstud@hotmail.co.uk

jdrewery

Visit site
he did compete but only lightly at the lower levels before going to ireland. Ive seen a few offspring by him and all vary, some stunning others plain.