Armpit

Shavings

Visit site
Ok before i go any further i do relies i am going to sound nutty

I have owned chance since September 2018 so i know him pretty well (not as well as those have have owned there lovely 4 legged friends for years!)

any way he has always been funny about brushing in the armpit of the side you get on from

other side doesn't care

when in the offending side even with a soft body brush he will swing his belly round to push me off it

we clipped him last Friday he was a real gent stood outside his stable falling asleep, until said arm pit was done for about 3 mins doing this 6 inch patch he swishes his tail and had ears back, once of the area went back to his happy self munching on hay net

there is no scar in that armpit

what do you think it could be?

he has a physio appointment for end of the month so i am going to inform her

i find it very off as surely if it was ulcers it would be both sides?
he has been like this since i got him
never lame
although lazy to ride (which i be honest i like, rather have to push him on then panic at speeding of!)

Shavings

Visit site
no elasticated girths i worry of over tightening

and no girth galls i had a good look

i have tired different girths on him, it sounds stupid (again) but when his saddle in the correct place i girth is semi leaning back to the saddle, the saddler recommended a polite girth but they dont go big enough! there 56" is smaller then his current 54"

thank you every one for the ideas

Annagain

Visit site
It might just be a ticklish patch. I can't touch a small area one side of A's tummy - just behind the girth - but the other side is fine, same with clipping. We actually managed to clip without sedation this year. We avoided most of the problem areas but we had to do this one. There was a bit of moving away and twitching (him twitching his skin not us putting a twitch on him!) but we managed it.

Shavings

Visit site
you arent accidentally sticking your toe in as you get on are you? I see loads of people do that!

No luckly for me we have a big mounting block so i just swing me leg over and sit down, made for the woman who has a 18hh shire really but it makes life easy!

i have attached the only photo i have of him in his tack so you can all see what i mean about where the girth sits, ie not in his armpit
chance.jpg