Arrgghhhh - Rant about a dealer

Chex

Visit site
I don't have anything against dealers before anyone sticks up for them lol. I rode this horse last year, for his owner (she bought him, then found out she was pregnant), but he turned out to be unsuitable, badly behaved when ridden etc, so he was sent back to the dealers to be sold on. I read the advert with a shock, as it described him as suitable for novices, easy to hack etc. Dealer said he was sold to a woman that was really keen, so thought it would be ok. But today noticed he is back at the dealers
frown.gif
only about 2 months after being sold, with a grand knocked off the price. The advert still says hacks out alone etc, which he was totally not, his napping was so bad it verged on dangerous. He would leap, rear, buck spin randomly, and basically carry on until his rider was a nervous wreck and got off.

Just annoyed that they advertise him as a safe, genuine horse, so he is being sold as such, and then being returned. He's passed through the dealers at least 3 times instead of just finding a nice home
frown.gif
Why noy just advertise truthfully and find a decent home, rather than lie!
mad.gif
As much as this horse scared the crap out of me when I rode him, he wasn't nasty and feel so bad he's back at the dealers
frown.gif
(although this was the horse that jumped like an ass, causing me to fall off and break my leg!). *sighs* thats life I suppose
frown.gif

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Same thing happened with me - i sold my old horse to a dealer as i just couldnt handle him - i told her the truth - he was a violent rearer who frequently flipped himself over backwards, he napped, bucked, bolted, bit and kicked violently (fractured my skull when he kicked me in the stable) - a week later on the dealers side "suitable for novices" "no vices" "hacks out alone or in company" "perfect for young rider" - i was utterly shocked

Kate_13

Visit site
I know what you mean.

I knew an Arab stallion that was lethal. The dealer ended up with it and the advert read, quiet stallion, won at in hand shows. This horse never went to a single show in it life and certainly wasn't quiet!

WeeBrown

Visit site
That's awful!
I'm looking into buying a horse atm and worry about dealers although I know that loads of them will be reliable and private sellers can be as bad. Could you PM me with the details of the dealer you mention in your post so I can avoid.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I have noticed the exact same thing. Two ponies from a local dealer BOTH of which I know are NOT first ponies, being sold as such. the thing is they're being sold as tiny tots forst ponies...... I have witnessed one rear and nap, and another buck so violently it had a child off. Oh, and they both seem to be cheaper ATM aswell. Some people have no morals.

Chex

Visit site
Yup, no morals at all. Its stupid, if they had just advertisd him as not novice ride, has potential, needs confident rider etc, he probably would have gone for a decent price to a decent home. And he does have potential, if he could just be persuaded its better to go forwards, rather than upwards!

spaniel

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
That's awful!
I'm looking into buying a horse atm and worry about dealers although I know that loads of them will be reliable and private sellers can be as bad. Could you PM me with the details of the dealer you mention in your post so I can avoid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think all you can do is go on personal recommendation when it comes to dealers. Some are really very good so dont lose hope.