Arrghh buyers mucking me around

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
Spoke to alady who was very keen to see Wonka, spoke to her last night to go over directions to yard etc, she seems lovely.

She is supposed to be seeing him at 11am today - I have just had a text saying, "running late, not going to be able to make it."

FFS why not try and plan things a bit more? I hate being mucked around, I had made special arrangements for Wonka in preparation for today (as cannot get time off work, so YO was supervising) and I feel quite narked. She is going to call me later with a view to re-arranging but I don't know whether she was just saying that to pacify me for the short term.

And breathe.

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
I'm even more annoyed now as she has just sent a text saying, "sorry, don't want th kids to find out before Christmas."

Well why are you looking before Christmas, ringing people up and mucking them around on the day you are supposed to see the pony???

Silver_robin - I appreciate her texting me but not mucking me about as she now is.

I'm so angry I now want chocolate!!

Steeleydan

Visit site
I actually think telling you by text is the height of bad manners. I would proberbley be inclind to ignore her nxt time. When I have had things advertised for sale if some one starts texting me to ask questions about it I reply I will discuss it with you if you ring but not by text. It annoys me to death.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Are they mucking you around - or telling you of a problem? I would say the latter.

Not everyone is happy about receiving text messages etc. when selling a horse. But a lot of people aren't bothered.

The horse is for sale - so if anyone else phones to view it just go ahead as normal with making the appointment.

SunshineTallulah

Visit site
Unfortunately that is the highs and lows of selling.

Goes with the territory I am afraid.

If she really wants to see him, she'll get her act together, in the meantime just carry on with any other prospective enquiries you get.

Slightly Foxed

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
"sorry, don't want th kids to find out before Christmas."

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, dunno Wonka, I'm guessing he's a pony? Is she implying that the kids won't know about it until she's bought it? If she's buying the pony for the kids, shouldn't they try him out?

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"sorry, don't want th kids to find out before Christmas."

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, dunno Wonka, I'm guessing he's a pony? Is she implying that the kids won't know about it until she's bought it? If she's buying the pony for the kids, shouldn't they try him out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonka would be a kids pony yes, and it does sound like the kids wouldn't know. I certainly wouldn't sell him unless he could be tried by the child who would have him as I would need to be sure that they could ride him - he is forward going and is better off with a confident rider and not a novice one.

Taffster

Visit site
She doesnt know this though does she, i'm sure its not something that was discussed - the good news i suppose is that she has contacted you twice now so will probably be genuine and be coming to see the pony asap - maybe before she does you could tell her you wont sell it until you've seen the kid ride it!