Arthritis suppliments

tigger01

Visit site
Suggest one to me. 22 year old gelding with o/s shoulder stiffness. He seems very happy in himself but instructor has suggested something to support his arthritis. She suggested No Bute but not something I've ever used before. Horse is mostly a happy hacker but loves to do a bit of jumping now and again. Has been checked by physio and vet who think its defo an age thing! Now out 24/7 which I think might help him.

0310Star

Visit site
I use 99% glucosamine for my mare (under vets advice) which is helping loads!
Also have a friend with an arthritic horse who uses Feedmark Extraflex, she swears by the stuff!

Happytohack

Visit site
I use glucosamine and MSM and have started on Boswellia too which really seemed to have helped. Get them all from Feedmark.

AMH

Visit site
We used Cortaflex when it first appeared on the scene for our (by then) retired NF mare and it made so much difference.

I know Cortaflex is very expensive, but it would be the one I'd use since I've had such good results in the past.

seoirse

Visit site
Superflex. It's amazing. Our aged show jumper started stiffening up so we put her on it, she was like a yearling the next day, so we had to take her off it and gradually reintroduce it. It made a massive difference to her flexibility, and general wellbeing too, we were amazed. Don't know how it works but for our pony it certainly did. Sadly she is no longer with us, but when we put her on it we were thinking perhaps it was time to retire her and she had about another 7 years in pretty much full work after going on to it.

I also used to feed Extraflex for another horse who on xray showed terrible athritic damage to his knees and pasterns but actually never showed any signs of stiffness and he remained supple until I sadly lost him because of something else. Not sure if the extraflex worked but as he seemed to be staying sound, despite xrays saying he shouldnt be I was too scared to take him off it!