Article 49 of the E.U treaty

CARREG

Visit site
Try a bit of reverse logic on this.

Austrian Ban
Austria was the first European Union country to ban wild animals in circuses. Now Charlie McCreevy, EU Commissioner, is trying to overturn it by arguing that a circus provides a service, and if someone provides a service legally in their home country they are allowed to do so throughout the EU. This is according to article 49 of the EU treaty. Article 49 is contravened because circuses from other states cannot bring wild animals into Austria.
World’s Fair July 28 – August 3rd

If they win, how about inviting the French hunts over here to control our pests? If they are providing a service in their home country

Copied and pasted off my site............Carreg

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
implications are far more overreaching - germany and other parts of europe hold hunting bans too!

And, how long could a french or irish hunt be stationed in a country where hunting is banned before it was deemed to no longer be supplying the service to their own country and would come under the legislation of the country in which they reside...

CARREG

Visit site
And it'll be another 80 yrs before that happens, I dont think the French will lay down like the U.K hunters did...........Carreg

Sage

Visit site
Yeah those Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys the French government have no stomach for any form of confrontation, look at what's happened over the UN peace keeping force in the Lebanon. They make a lot of noise, but when push come to shove they don't come up with the goods.

severnmiles

Visit site
And its exactly what we said about Wright's prosection. That was interesting, you antis think you had a result, he was only found guilty of one breach of the hunting act when the LACS had about 6 charges against him, do really think thats something to celebrate?

He walks away with a £750.00 fine which the CA will cover and the LACS walk away with a bill estimated to be over 65k, the LACS has lost support whilst hunting his stronger than ever......who's laughing Karl?

soggy

Visit site
And its exactly what we said about Wright's prosection. That was interesting, you antis think you had a result, he was only found guilty of one breach of the hunting act when the LACS had about 6 charges against him, do really think thats something to celebrate?

He walks away with a £750.00 fine which the CA will cover and the LACS walk away with a bill estimated to be over 65k, the LACS has lost support whilst hunting his stronger than ever......who's laughing Karl?

Remember they have already lost 3 cases, 2 in Scotland and one down here.

Lets get another 1 or 2 under way and they will be bankrupt. They are on the verge of it anyway.

Bachelor has been whinging about a lack of funds for the last 2 years and its getting worse. Ever since they lost their backdoor overseas funding and now with a fast diminishing membership.

I smell another Christmas appeal coming on. :))))

Everyone start collecting your old copies of H&H to send them.

Onyxia

Visit site
I smell another Christmas appeal coming on. :))))

Everyone start collecting your old copies of H&H to send them.

Be fair SBB, they might like something different this time- how about sending some old glossy gossip mags instead?? :p

soggy

Visit site
Be fair SBB, they might like something different this time- how about sending some old glossy gossip mags instead?? :p

I dont buy glossy gossip mags. Its H&H, Farmers Weekly or nothing.

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
by some especially, pick me up is only 60p.

52 copies of pick me up, £32.20
Jiffy bag, £1.20
sending an entire stack of mindless crap filled magazines to a mindless crap filled organisation, costing them to retrieve? Priceless...

Onyxia

Visit site
by some especially, pick me up is only 60p.

52 copies of pick me up, £32.20
Jiffy bag, £1.20
sending an entire stack of mindless crap filled magazines to a mindless crap filled organisation, costing them to retrieve? Priceless...

LMAO!!

Onyxia

Visit site
I dont buy glossy gossip mags.

*Shocked face* you mean you can live without knowing which celeb is with who? Who won BB? And all the other bimbo airhead stuff they are filled with? :p

Still wonder who buys the damn things, no one I know will admit to it but there are always plenty on the shop *confused*

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
The french general public would never tolerate a ban on hunting. This is because hunting is perceived as a common right won from the aristocracy in the revolution. It's a fundemental symbol of liberty for (many of) the French people.

As it is for some here.

You can't stop me hunting, I will just break the law against it, sorry but that's the way it is. If you don't like it then lock me up.

:)

CARREG

Visit site
You'll have to watch yourself then Endy, them French wont be the same as the English, you'll have your work cut out with them............Carreg

LACS

Visit site
"Hmm, could be very interesting"

Yes, Article 49 of the E.U treaty - that is indeed very interesting. Just the sound of it.... just makes me.... I'M SO SORRY I NODDED OFF THEN! Where was I? Oh yes, Article 49 of the E.U treaty....... zzzzzzzzz..... What?! Where am I??! Oh no, it happened again! Article 49 of the E.U treaty zzzzzzzzzzzz interestzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ingzzzzzzzzzzzz article 49zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LACS

Visit site
I find it genuinely very funny that fanatical hunters - who are the worst type of little Englanders and hate Brussels with a vengeance - are running, cap in hand, to the EC complaining that the antis have been nasty to them. It's so undignified.