As if trying to sell a horse isn't stressful enough..

Cobsndogs

Visit site
You then get bombarded with bloody annoying scam emails like this one....

I am very glad to explain my plight to you first all i will buy the horse for your giving price because love horse to move around also love to stay with as a pet,but i will like to confide in you as regards to a business proposal i would want us to work together like blood brothers.

I am a war veteran with the United Nations troop in Libyan civil war, that stil going on Libya. I served in the Benghazi Division eastern towns.

Based on the United States legislative asinged last week with the soldiers in Libya, I want to resign from the job the work as my health condition did not permit me to contiue to stay in war front anymore as i made up my mind to set up any business that is profitable outside United States i will need your help seriously for direction or parternship mutual our benefit that s reason why I contacted you.

On the other hand, i would like to inform you that i have in my possession the sum of 36.7 million U.S. dollars. Which i made from crude oil here in Libya. I deposited this money with a Red Cross agent informed him that we will contact the real owner of the money.
It is under my power to approve who is eligible for this money.

I would invest the money in Europe as soon as you agree to keep this fund safe for business and other investment purposes throughyou, but you will advise me on that because i am not a business culture person. I can not move this money into the United States,
because i want to set up my business outside USA as i stated above, so i need someone i could trust. If you accept,i will move the fund to your handle , where you will be the beneficiary, because i am a uniformed person and i can not parade such an amount, so i need to present someone as the recipient.

I'm an American and an officer for intelligence, that i have a 100% authentic means of transferring the money through diplomatic courierService.

I just need your acceptance, and everything is done. Please,if you are interested in this transaction, i give you the complete details you need for us to implement this transaction successfully.

I decided to contact someone i could trust and real and not imaginary,and that is why i went to a safe place in the horse site, so i can be sure that the person is real.

I think i can trust you, where we are now we can only communicate through our military facilities, communication is secured, so nobody can monitor our e-mails, then i can explain in details to you.

I will only reach you by e-mail, because our Calls might be monitored, i have to be sure, i have to deal with someone i could trust.

If you are interested, please send me your personal mobile number so that the diplomat can call you for inquiries and how to bring the box that contain my money to you. If you are not interested, do not respond to this e-mail and delete this Message if no response after 3 days, i will then search for someone else.

I wait for your contact information details, so that we can go on. In less than 4 days the box should be in your possession, and i will come for my money. I will give you 30% of the total and 70% for me. I hope i have been fair to this deal. Get back to me with your full
information:

Your full name ..............................................
Your full address .......................................
Your direct phone number ................

Regards

Capt Richard Fox

Of course I'll sell you my horse, shall I gift wrap him ?????????????????????

Flowers187

Visit site
HAHAHAHA! I'm trying to sell one of mine and had some funny emails off little girls in dream land, but nothing like this! Where have you got him advertised!

LaurenM

Visit site
That did make me chuckle. I've had all sorts contact me when advertising my gelding on loan. Most of which would turn up without a hat and couldn't do rising trot (lent them a hat). Gah!

Chestnutmare

Visit site
they probably ride as well as they speak english and use Grammer...... they can't!

I got lots of these when I was selling a car not so long back... do they seriously expect people to go through with things like this?.

Best of luck though in selling your horse.

smiggy

Visit site
How fab to get such a quick sale
Hopefully they won't need a vetting either :p

Seriously they are a real pita, there is a fab website where one woman replies to these and strings them along for ages, they get funnier and funnier as she ends up trying to sell them a valuable garden tiger aka her cat :D

Vicki_Krystal

vpequestrian.weebly.com
This was the classic i received today also -

AM interested in your horse aand i will like to know the last price of it and i will like to the the condition of it and the pic if you have it you can forward it to me and see i will be making my payment with cashier check,.Do not worry about the shipment i have a shipper that will come for the shipment to where i am okay,.I will look forward to hear from you,.

Makariri

www.getawayback.com
HAH that did make me laugh, especially as our daughter is currently selling a green broke, stunning, 4 year old with the pretty pictures etc. Some weirdo questions being asked by some right dreamers ( does it jump fences?) but nothing like that classic e-mail. You should frame it!

orionstar

Visit site
TBH I'd probably get exited even if it was an e-mail like this, over 7000 hits and not one phone call - bring on the lybian/American secret service! I did once get one that said a distant relative had dies in Africa owning a diamond mine and all I had to do was forward £7000 to release the inheritance!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Its hard to believe some people do actually fall for these scams. I had a chat with one of them once (knowing fine well he was a scammer), I told him in the end I knew what he was doing - he simply said he was trying to make money for his family in Nigeria. Its quite sad, because a lot of these scammers simply cannot get jobs in their home country so I guess get forced into doing illegal stuff like this.

There's loads of websites following conversations (such as http://www.scamorama.com/) where the 'victim' tries to scam the scammer - some quite be pretty funny.

Fuzznugget

gloucestershirehorseriders.webs.com
I had this one the other day:
Hello.

This is just to let you to know that i came across your advert on the
website and I'm

very interested in buying it from you. I'll like you to kindly write
back if you still have it

for sale and what is your final price? Also I'll really appreciate it
if you can send me

some recent pictures. Meanwhile i live in England , but I will like
you to know that I will

personally take care of the shipping of the down to my location.

Thank you.

Followed by this gem after I wrote him back (I like to play with the scammers, passes the time :rolleyes::p ):
Hello ,

Thanks for your mail back and also for the information of your
(item) I must tell you am really interested about the (item) and
also I hope the (item) is good condition. I want the best that's I'm
saying this.

Concerning the shipment of the (item) from your location to my
house,this will be taking (item) of by my shipping agent, who will be
coming directly to your location for the pickup of the (item). If
there are papers, he can use this for clearance and also for the
shipment of the (item).This is all the requirements needed at this
time. The shipper agent will handle every other thing necessary when
he Arrive sour O cation.

So i will like to pay £250 for the (item) plus an extra £50 for
you to keep other buyers off till it is picked up by the shipping
agent. So please get back to me, and also keep other buyers off. My
client who owes me will send you a bank certified cheque of £680.
Can I trust you to have it cashed, take £300 and and send the
balance to the agent, so he will be using the rest of the money for
the pick up of the (item).?If yes, kindly reply with the following
payment details so I can inform him to make out payment to you.

Thank you.
FIRST NAME......
LAST NAME.
ADDRESS.......
CITY.......
STATE....
ZIP CODE..
COUNTRY....
PHONE NUMBER (S).

Looking forward to your soonest reply.
My very warm regards to your family,..
Sincerely