it needs replacing doesn't it?

Knickers!
mad.gif
Please excuse my language
smile.gif

lilpinkdonkey4

Visit site
onto concrete???

hmm i personally wouldnt bother as i have no money at the mo but if you fancy an new one prob a good idea. How much does it mae your hair smell when you wear it???!

MizElz

Visit site
Oh god if I'd replaced mine everytime I dropped it, I would have a hugely extensive collection of 'redundant' hats!!!! When I take a fall or drop if, I check it by pushing the sides in and having a good old feel around. If it feels ok, then I dont panic! Have actually had this hat over 8 years now!
blush.gif

jumpthemoon

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
When I take a fall or drop if, I check it by pushing the sides in and having a good old feel around. If it feels ok, then I dont panic! Have actually had this hat over 8 years now!
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooohh...my hat squishes in when I squeeze it....and it's got loads of fine cracks in the black covering...
frown.gif

nicelittle

Visit site
I replaced my hat after a nasty fall in which I got a bad concussion.
I must have had some memory loss, as I bought a second replacement by accident, and didn't realise until I found the previous one in my 'old hat box' (why do I keep them all, they are not any use, unless I decide I don't like my brain anymore!) And, no, the saddlery shop didn't point it out - they think I'm mad anyway! (They might have a point!)

E

saskia295

Visit site
I had the same hat from age 11 to about 23!!!!!!!! And in that time I fell off more times than I'd had hot dinners (and there's nothing wong wiv mai is der?!!!!!!!)

orsemad

Visit site
Think of a hat like bubble wrap. Every time you drop it or fall off on it some of the bubbles burst and it becomes less and less protective..... Hats should def be replaced every 3 years regardless of whether its been dropped or not. If you have a bad fall with an already damaged hat you are going to be more likely to damage yourself. Is the risk really worth it for a few pounds? also while im on the case you should make sure your hat has been fitted by a trained BETA retailer, pulling one off the shelf and buying it cos you think its comfortable probably means it doesn't fit and therefore wont do much when you really need it to!

Damnation

Visit site
My hat has been used as a stable ball (Not intentionally!), fallen and landed on my head mid gallop (mild concussion), been thrown into a wall (just a bit stiff) and have fallen off the side (again just a bit stiff) and my hat is still going strong! Looks a bit beaten up though
tongue.gif

orsemad

Visit site
Izzi i very much doubt your hat 'is still going strong' if you have had mild concussion your hat has done its job and needs replacing! you only have one head look after it.

Asimmons

www.apricotfox.com
I am afraid that the impact-absorbing fibrous structures in the hat will have done their job and will have little or no capacity to sustain any further trauma...your skull will have to do that. Rigidity in the hat is NO guide to its shock-absorption capacity. The STRONG recommendation that you replace your hat is NOT based on a desire to sell more hats but to protect more heads. Trauma to the head has long term consequences and in later life you may pay the penalty for assuming your hat is going strong just because it FEELS strong. Please. Don't take chances. It really is NOT WORTH IT.