Ashfields 2DE report.

rara007

Visit site
Some people requested this, honest
tongue.gif

I arrived friday, to find all ponies well settled in, Dad had already driven so just time for a race around the cones obstacles and dressage and drive before dark. Pip went abit poo, basic control type problems, although I do think I am too sensitive. We didn't make it round a corner in a dressage arena without hitting the edge, I couldn't remeber the cones and I was thinking if I eliminated myself in the dressage, I would save myself the stress of the other 2 phases
blush.gif

Got up far too early after being up ever few hours to check the ponies, walked the cones lots and came back to start the plaitting epic. Had Pips standing presentation- Which went surprisingly OK. The said my groom was smart but I needed to polish my boots, my boots are best matt finish IMO
tongue.gif
Pip had a dirty back sock, apparently. Pooy pony
tongue.gif
. Got 8's and one 7, so pleased.
Dressage- Warmed up OK, desperately avoiding all other ponies and horse pair were there so as to not wind him up. Didn't push him, but kept all 4 legs on the floor, althouh I was stressing about his bending. Did the test, after a slight argument around the first left bend he went fine. Some bits could be more accurate, some could have been straighter etc. But all OK. Very suprised and pleased at the result of 43, which is 73%, so a best for us on an outdoor test. One of the judges gave us 8,8,9,9 for our collectives, I love my pony
grin.gif
(And and right chuffed with the collectives of the driver being 8 from one judge, 9 the other
blush.gif
) And we got another couple of 9's. Apparently he is very willing and obedient! That had us 1st in the class (And best dressage behind my teacher, an Advanced person, Boyd Excel's top team and a guy who came from spain ready for the international)
grin.gif

Cones....Least said the better, I really do need o practise- Neither of us are great, at it. We got 3 down, which as it was out of 20 I figure is twice as good as the indoor nationals where I had 3 down out of 10
blush.gif
This pulled me down to 2nd.
Marathon- God this pony is good. We made the time for sectio A easily, we had to walk the last km to not be too fast, Pip isn't big compared to most of the ponies, and doesn't rush he just has a great stung out ground covering trot. The walk we made, just, which most didn't. It was midly amusing as I was last of the day to go and the stewards had been standing in the field with no loo for the day so were cheering me to come on, plus my teacher who I followed round.
blush.gif
He was great in the first 3 obstacles and really shifted on. My route wasn't great for the 1st so we wern't fastest, no 2. We were the same time as the fastest in my class, only slower than the best open pony, open horse and horse pair. I was 7 second faster than my class through the water. Number 4 he was going well, untill he slipped quite abit, and then remebered how to fall in. We were still 5 second faster than the class though
blush.gif
5 and 6 we crashed around abit, falling in, but still 5 seconds faster than the rest of my class. He went great in 6, but I tried a U turn that didn't pull off, but still not a bad time. We had to walk to the finish doing collected walk
tongue.gif
So we wern't too fast. We won the XC for the class, only being beaten by the top open horse, the advanced pony and my teacher, so
grin.gif
We won overall
grin.gif
Our first trophy
tongue.gif

So
grin.gif
Sorry about the huge self indulgement, but heck, for every good day there will be a bad day or 10, and I'm not competing for the next 2 months
mad.gif
, and assuming no miracles happen I won't get to a national champs qualifier which is
mad.gif
but
tongue.gif
I love my pone. Pics are in the PG
tongue.gif

Dad also had his team- In a very tough class, made of 2 World team drivers, the National Champion, a likely 2010 team member and another
smirk.gif
. He was very pleased with his dressage- He stayed in the arena for his one handed 10M deviation, and collected trot 15m circle one handed, immidiately followed by 20m one handed circle and various other one handed collected circles followed by extended across the diagonal, still one handed! TBH The test is a little silly for the boys, they are no where near that level of schooling to do it properly but
confused.gif
He got nearly 50%, with nothing really wrong except the rein back that half the team did before the other half, but one judge gave mainly 3's as not true collection/lack of outline of Bob. He was in...last
blush.gif
but within 10 pen. of the leader, and 1pen. to the one above. It was expected
blush.gif

Cones- He bloomin went clear, on the same course as me, same widths and everything. I am so unimpressed
blush.gif
He got some time faults, but not as many as some, and moved up to 4th.
Marathon- He made section A, struggled with the walk so got some pens. but again no as many as some. Fred just won't relax enough to walk out, and they are small aswell. He went well through the obstacles, not disasters, a few exta circles etc. but nothing bad, was only a second off me through the water, and right up with the good pony team times. He was 4th in the marathon, which brought him up to 3rd overall, so very chuffed
grin.gif

Him though the water
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzekumYZ4-M

And Me in Water
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4h4OH-dIxU
4- Not a long Vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFUVccS2aGo
5 (Pip is deceptively slow too
tongue.gif
Apparently
tongue.gif
)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1dp4G5iIIQ

And Dressage
IMG_6055.jpg

You Can't see the plaits
tongue.gif
But they looked OK
tongue.gif

IMG_6068.jpg

H
grin.gif

Bubblegum

Visit site
Every time I read one of your reports it makes me say 'Wow'
grin.gif

So impressive. The XC phase looks scary!! Very well done. Pip is awesome!!!
grin.gif

lucym

Visit site
omg
grin.gif
amazing, i want a go
grin.gif

ive never seen videos of what you do before and it looks so tricky, pip is amazing, you are such a team
huge well done for winning
grin.gif

rara007

Visit site
Really
tongue.gif
You are not even slightly bored :p The XC isn't scarey atall, well I don't think of it like that atall
blush.gif
Jumping a 2'6" course is far scarier! Thanks
laugh.gif

Rosiefan

Visit site
Can't pretend I fully understand driving comps but you and Pip look so elegant and what you do looks so bloomin' difficult. And as for your Dad ......... brilliant. Well done team Rara
smile.gif