Aske International

jess_asterix

Visit site
What's it like? Rather far up north for me but might make the trip as SoE is even further!

Would be doing the CIC*, anyone know what the course is like and if they prepare the ground well?

EventingMum

Visit site
We've not been for a couple of years but prior to that went quite a few times mainly for the intermediate. The dressage arenas were always well away from everything else so were nice and quiet. Show jumping arena was on undulating ground and tended to cause a few problems so was more influential than many events. XC was more bold than technical and used quite a few portables. Ground was old turf always well prepared IMO.

Gamebird

Visit site
it'll be the least 'international' international you'll have seen I should think!

The CIC* did their dressage in a separate location, in front of the house, but it was on the Fri afternoon when there was nothing else running at all so very quiet. The SJ is always influential - as EventingMum says an undualting arena and all classes are up to height. Ground usually good. Has been wet occasionally, but only when everywhere else is too and it's lovely old turf. It's relatively hilly and they reversed the course a year or two ago so that the biggest hill was near the end. Not sure whether it's still like this but it caught a few out. Track was nice and bold, can't remember specifics but not unreasonable for the level. Lovely event, will be a bit more laid back than SoE I'd imagine ;)