Asking coach for a recommendation for another coach; would that be weird?

Trinket12

Visit site
My current coach is very booked, I have a lesson on a Friday but she only works until 12 pm on Saturdays and I am teaching until 12.15. I'd like to add another lesson in my week, would it be weird to ask her if she could recommend someone or a barn to me?

npage123

Visit site
Don't over think it! Follow above good advice and just have the conversation the next time you have a lesson.
Life's too short to dwell on certain things.
I've learnt my lesson when I used 'an adequate equine professional' - don't really want to say who it was - it took me MONTHS to pluck up the courage to change from one to another, and in the end I did it because I knew my horse would get better treatment. I regret not doing it much sooner, but that's how it happened and as I said, I've learnt my lesson not to dwell endlessly on the different scenarios that could play out if I brought it up. Just do it!
If your current instructor can't accommodate your hours, then there's no other option than to use a second instructor for the second lesson. They would probably appreciate that you are approaching them first about this, in your attempt to find another instructor who are just as popular and good as your current instructor.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Not weird at all. In fact I think trainers should recommend others that work in slightly different ways tat suit a rider or that suit that riders journey. Mine often suggests trainers or clinics I should go to. Makes it more fun in my eyes

Trinket12

Visit site
I don't know why I was being weird about it, I'm not usually the shy and retiring type but for some reason was getting my knickers in a twist about it!

Anyway after re-confirming with Risky (the horse I ride) and he agreed it was OK to ask ;-) I spoke with her today, she'll have a think and also look at the barn schedule and get back to me. I would prefer to ride where I am, as feel comfortable there. But I may be limited horse wise, from a weight perspective (me, not the horses), and Risky who I ride on Fridays, has time with his owner on Saturdays.

Thanks for the votes of confidence :)