Bring in
Fly Spray
Fly Masks
Boots per pair
Sun cream

Just wondering, thank you!

misskk88

Visit site
I am not on DIY (yet!), but when I have made enquiries about additional costs, usually turn out or bring in ranges from £1-2. I assume by Fly Spray etc you mean that a staff member applies this, puts on/takes off mask etc? I guess it depends on what you pay just for the field and stable- if it is minimal they may charge higher end prices to make up for this, if not and you pay a decent price, then they may just charge you a small amount.

What I have worked out is if you need support at one end of the day or on a fairly regular basis, you are better to be on Assisted/Part livery than you are to be on DIY and pay for the extra charges (unless you have someone you can pair up with!). Those £1 here and there soon add up!

LizR

New User
Visit site
Thank you, yes I suppose I'm really talking about DIY. Stable and field paid for, just the charges for staff to do the extras.

noodle_

Visit site
on our yard it was 2 quid for turnout/bring in [each]...including rugs - would assume that means fly mask in summer too.

so around the 2 mark per turnout and 2 for bring in

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Turn out: £2.70
Bring in: £2.70
Fly Spray: Included
Fly Masks: Included
Boots per pair: Included
Sun cream: Included

Our BI/TO charges include rugging/rugchanging, checking, hosing, and doing any fiddly things like booting, sun cream, flyspray etc. Too complicated to administer otherwise I'd think.

conniegirl

Visit site
My yard is assisted DIY only,
it is £50 a week with the following included:

Stable,
Grazing,
Flood lit arena,
Turn out and bring in (All turned out in the morning by YO, she will bring in just before dark in winter if you arnt there already)
Hay
1 bale of shavings a week
Basic feed (chaff and pony nuts or happy hoof)
Feeds put in morning and evening (all horses fed at the same time by the YO)
Fly spray/suncream
holding for Vet or farrier if someone is around!
Poo picking

Things that have to be paid for separately
Rug changes (if excessive, they will happily change a sopping wet rug for a dry one occasionaly FOC)
Muck out (£3 a day)
Suppliments or any different feeds
worming
Clipping
Lessons

Dumbo

Visit site
Turnout or bring in £1.50
Turnout or bring in with rug change £2.00
Feed or Hay £0.50
Muck out £4.50
Skip out £2.50
Grooming and pick out feet £4.00
Tack cleaning (1 saddle and 1 bridle) £5.00
Lunging £10.00
Ridden exercise £12.00
Trimming £4.00
Pull mane £5.00

NellRosk

Visit site

Our BI/TO charges include rugging/rugchanging, checking, hosing, and doing any fiddly things like booting, sun cream, flyspray etc. Too complicated to administer otherwise I'd think.

£2.70 is a very specific price!!!

OP at my yard it's £1 for each of these things.

misskk88

Visit site
My yard is assisted DIY only,
it is £50 a week with the following included:

Stable,
Grazing,
Flood lit arena,
Turn out and bring in (All turned out in the morning by YO, she will bring in just before dark in winter if you arnt there already)
Hay
1 bale of shavings a week
Basic feed (chaff and pony nuts or happy hoof)
Feeds put in morning and evening (all horses fed at the same time by the YO)
Fly spray/suncream
holding for Vet or farrier if someone is around!
Poo picking

Things that have to be paid for separately
Rug changes (if excessive, they will happily change a sopping wet rug for a dry one occasionaly FOC)
Muck out (£3 a day)
Suppliments or any different feeds
worming
Clipping
Lessons

Conniegirl where is your yard- this is mega cheap for Assisted which includes basic feed and hay!

xgemmax

Visit site
New yard I am moving to is charging £35 a week for assisted DIY, included either turn out or bring in and the rug changed, pick out feet, etc to go with it

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site

wow i charge £1 per extra turn out

50p per rug change

i dont charge for putting on fly hoods

misskk88

Visit site
New yard I am moving to is charging £35 a week for assisted DIY, included either turn out or bring in and the rug changed, pick out feet, etc to go with it

That is a very good price! I have been offered Assisted for £70pw, with hay and bedding included and either turn out and am feed or bring in and pm feed, plus any rug changes. everything else is for owner to do or at cost.

Mongoose11

Visit site
My YO charges 50p for each little job associated with turning out and bringing in, so..
Turn out with rug change and boots on would be £1.50.
Turn out naked horse would be 50p
Bring in 50p
Bring in, feet pick, rug change £1.50

Geddit?

JulesRules

Visit site
TO and BI is £3 a go, but comes down to £2 if you have more than 3 in a week i.e. buy two get one free! That includes any changing of rugs or putting on of boots/ masks etc.

If yard have to go to the field on a special trip to put on or take off a fly mask/ spray etc in summer, or do a field check its £1.50 I think.

I'm looking at moving to a yard which is £4 more a week stable and grazing but includes t/o and b/I daily

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
£2.70 is a very specific price!!!

OP at my yard it's £1 for each of these things.

I don't think it much matters if it's a round £ or part thereof - we get billed monthly so it's not like we're handing over a pound coin or two every time the service is provided.

comet!

Visit site
My yard charge £2.00 for a bring in or turnout. It's an extra 50p for a rug change but I think that also includes boots. I'm not sure about suncream/flyspray as I turnout myself.

Previous yard was £4.00 for a bring in/turnout and would not change rugs or pick out feet for that price!

Echo24

Visit site
£2 for each one. Mine is living out and needs a fly mask on during the day. I was on holiday for a week and was charged £4 a day to have the fly mask put on and taken off and having my horse checked over.

I think if he was staying in overnight and I need him brought in, rug changed and feet picked out I would be charged £2.50.

misskk88

Visit site
Just outside of Hull, that price is actualy one of the more expensive ones, full livery averages £75 a week round here

I live nowhere near Hull, but I would be laughing at those prices! You won't find assisted for less than about £60pw and full for £100pw around here. Several full liveries charge £130+ per week. I live in an area that is very horsey (not far from Newmarket), so I guess that reflects the potential clients in the area, plus a lot of yards are for racing or stud only... Lack of competition means normal livery yards can charge a bit more. Boo for me!