Associated Champs Email

abbijay

Visit site
Did anyone else who competed this year get it?
I was just a bit surprised to be asked to send a letter to the sponsors to thank them. I'm all for the idea of sharing our great stories on facebook (or other media) but I can't think I've ever sent a letter to an event sponsor for their support (maybe a comment on facebook for lovely prizes but not just for running it).
I felt a little underwhelmed by the way it was dealt with at the time: I'd hoped it would be in H&H and it took weeks for the report to go up on their website.

silv

Visit site
I don't think that is a bad thing. Our local dressage group always asks us at prizegiving to write or email the class/series sponsors and thank them. It can even be something as simple as putting a thank you message on their Facebook page. It is really hard to get sponsors and I think thanking them is the least we can do.

Shay

Visit site
I didn't get the email but we always encourage competitors to thank sponsors - social media make it so easy. If you didn't like the press coverage or the organisation or whatever go back to the organiser. It isn't the fault of the sponsor and without the help of sponsors a lot of classes and competitions would fall. A bit of politeness costs nothing and can make the difference between a sponsor continuing or withdrawing.