asthma - South Wales ammanford to fishguard (or M4 to the coast)

wkiwi

Visit site
A friend of mine formerly lived mid wales and is thinking of moving back from SE england to mid-wales, but this time South Wales.
Just wondering if anyone out there has asthma and what the conditions are like in areas like the coast (Fishguard) or near the mountains of Brecon/ammanford area, or possibly Haverfordwest? I know different pockets of areas can be quite different, but there is a tremendous amount of things like rape grown around where she lives now, which cannot help the asthma, so good general pointers like that would be great.
Also, dressage centres and good equine vet recommendations would be great but can pin those down further when she has found a location.

Annagain

Visit site
We go to Pembrokeshire a lot and my husband has terrible hay fever, it doesn't cause asthma in him but the triggers are probably similar. He's not too bad near the coast but if we go inland he suffers quite badly. I don't recall seeing much rape seed in the area we go to (St Davids / Solva near Haverfordwest). There's the odd field her and there but it's mostly potatoes or animals.

You won't get many crops Brecon way as there's not enough flat land. It's mostly sheep farms around that way, with the odd cattle farm lower down.

My aunt and uncle recently moved back to South Wales (on the coast just west of Cardiff) from the Midlands and my uncle's allergies, which plagued him for 40 years, have pretty much disappeared. I'd suggest the closer to the coast your friend goes, the better.

wkiwi

Visit site
Many thanks.
She has found one she really likes in Fishguard, so i will encourage her to look at it.