aston-le-walls low flying aircraft

mitchellk

Visit site
just wandering if anyone knows what happened to the poor person who was injured after the low flying jets at Aston on Wednesday. Have been away at shows all week and thought someone might be able to let me know if they are okay.

Reashi

Visit site
They were doing their studs when the aircraft came over and the horse spooked and trod on their neck and burst a main artery and they had to get airlifted to hospital (mayhem in the lorry park to get everyone to get all their horses in the boxes so that the air ambulance could land). I dont know what happened in the end....I hope they're ok!

hunteress

Visit site
my friend was next to them she saw it she thought he was dead he was putting studs in, then her friend was in box with her horse and got squashed agains partition the aircraft flew low somethings got to be done, I do hope the person isn't dead and I wish the family my love my friend said the daughters were destraught.

jackpalfreyman

Visit site
Dont know how the person is, have been trying to find outmyself, bad thing is there was a 2,000 feet limit for aircraft over aston le walls that day so there shouldnt have been any low flying aircraft let alone a harrier jump jet, someone is going to be in trouble!

Hope he is ok.

lizzie_liz

Visit site
thats awful, and really hope they are ok, i have my opinions on low flying aircraft and horses but as there was a low fly limit my views are dropped that is awful.

just told my dad who is in the RAF and he says if it was a military aircraft then they should sue the MOD and claim for compensation as the law was broken by the pilot if he was flying below the low fly level set for that day

lizzie_liz

Visit site
i know its not the answer to everything as our family hate the idea that people sue for everything but if what has been said is correct and there was a 2000ft limit set over the event and for a harrier to be flying lower than this then the pilot clearly broke the law and so should take responsibilty for this.

hunteress

Visit site
If it was any of my or any of your family in these cercumstances I would sue the person of question might have been the breadwinner, we don't know the full facts but I do agree even if certain people slip in the street they sue !! but I think you would agree this is one for the lawyers !!!!
apparently it was a right rush to get horses back into lorrys to land the helecopter. I'm sure there will be a piece in nag and dog this week.

mitchellk

Visit site
There were two planes, a second came over, although not as low as the first (still too low). it was mayhem - the emergency helicopter tried several times to land as close to the horse boxes as possible, thats when we knew it had to be serious. It put a real downer on an otherwise great day. If anyone knows the injured person please pass on my best wishes.