Aston le walls report

PickledOnions

Visit site
Trundled off to Aston of saturday for our first ODE of the season, and to say I was nervous is an understatement and since our recent sj troubles (falling off everytime we so much as looked at a sj) we just wanted a nice gentle start to the season.
Anyway got there and walked the course and thought it was very nice with only the corner being my worry and then went to get ready for dressage. We are only at the very beginnings off our dressage lessons and havent really done much and I was so busy thinking about what I should be doing, I forgot where I was going, again! so we got 43.6 which for us is reasonable.

Quick change for sj and ambled up there mum following behind slowly as thought it would be busy got to the warm up and they said you're next to go! so scooted round the warm up and went straight in, got ourselves revved up and started our round which was lovely until the second last and the last, because I have a problem with parrellels I over rode so he balloned over it and the turn to the last was abit messy and we just kicked out the last. But incredibly pleased as we have no stops which was brilliant.

Another quick change for XC and again got there to find we were next, jumped the practise jump a couple of time then into the start box, had to do a standing start which doesn't work for us so we have a rearing fit until we were allowed to go, then we stormed round easily for a lovely clear inside the time :)
Very please with how things turned out, so more dressage lessons and a couple of sj lessons and we should be good :)
Pictures to follow when they go online.
Thank you for reading :)

PickledOnions

Visit site
I think that really helped, it gave me no time to panic and I just had to get on with it, was abit scary though as my mum didn't even get up to the SJ until after my round!

Last edited: