Aston Times

Evil_Cookie

Visit site
Argh just got our times for Sunday, que panic - this is our first event and it all seems real now :S

Got good middle if the day times, so happy about that - have a big gap between dressage and SJ but only 30mins between SJ and Xc. That's going to be a fun change :) - it takes me at least 10 mins to figure out my body protector ;)

Just a quick question or two...

How much earlier than your dressage do you guys normally arrive? Thinking time for hat tagging - New green tags this year, start fee etc... ?

Secondly, we're doing the 80... How do we find out the time of the xc course walk? Or when the show jumping is open for walking?

Apollogies - first timer nerves :)

Horsemad12

Visit site
I normally give myself 2.5hrs (ideally) before my dressage. I break this down roughly as 1hr to walk the XC, 30mins to get numbers, look at SJ and sneak a quick cuppa, 30mins to get tacked up / changed and 30min to get to and warm up for dressage. For me even on my own this is plenty of time and not a rush.

The XC is shorter at ALW so you will not take an hour to walk the course, but the dressage is normally a good 10min hack from the lorry park.

SJ course walk is normally just before the first horse jumps, so look on BDWP to see what time the BE80 sections start. As it is an 80 they may have a break halfway through for an extra course walk. Again look on BDWP and BE to see if there is any info or a competitors letter. I would expect the XC course walk would be pretty early to accomadate those doing an ealry dressage.

Are you taking someone with you? If you end up short of time it may be worth sending them off to get your number and hat sorted while you get yourself and the horse ready.

Good luck and enjoy your day.

Ahrena

Visit site
I'm having a mare lol.

My lorry broke so trying to sort one to hire and I have a 9am dressage. It's too far to come the night before to course walk so looking to leave my yard at 4.30am! Zzzzz...would normally come night before but not an option this time of year if we're renting a 3.5!

dressage_diva

Visit site
Hi, sorry to hiijack your thread, but I'm thinking of coming to watch with some friends at Aston on Saturday and was wondering if it's free for visitors? I guessed it would be free to spectate but thought there might be a car parking charge?

Goya

Visit site
How do we find out the time of the xc course walk? Or when the show jumping is open for walkiing?
XC is open from 2pm the day before the event starts and obviously when the event is running. You usually have to walk the XC when the course is being used so do look out for horses on the course, listen for fence judges whistles, insrtuctions etc and be sure to keep out of the way of horses on the course. Stand still out of the way until they have passed.

SJ--before the event starts but they sometimes have short breaks for course walk. Otherwise you have to watch carefully from outside the ring to learn the course. Watch others riding it to look for e.g. number of strides in a double, any possible "problem" fences such as the approach etc.