At last a competition report (or 2) and an introduction

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Regulars will be aware I have been struggling with an old hip injury and subsequent back problems which meant riding was becoming more and more painful. I had a hip arthroscopy in January and riding for 6 weeks after was difficult and I was confined to gentle hacking. With a combination of determination, physio, Oestopath, gym and Arc Equine I have finally started to see some improvement and able to pick up Pip's work and feel a bit more capable of doing things.

Luckily it all happened just in time for a visit to the Goresbridge sales. We were outbid on a few horses and left disappointed however a friend had bought a nice grey and we had a chat on the way home and decided it could come and be mine instead!

So introducing 'Dribble' (she dribbled on the breeders children).

IMG_1257_zps40d6cf4b.png

IMG_1264_zps7f398724.jpg

She is just what I need at the moment 1/2 ID, 1/4 TB and 1/4 Connie really forward going but sensible, 5 years old and done a bit of drag hunting. As a minimum going to make a lovely riding club alrounder and will be fun for me to do some novice stuff while sussing her out.

So anyway back to Pip and finally this week we got out competing for the first time for over 4 months, I even did my version of a horse trials with BD dressage on the Saturday and BS and XC schooling on the Sunday. We just did one test BD and certainly felt rusty. As I have lost some core stability my lower leg moves a bit so I didn't put spurs on and this meant we lost a bit of omphh (technical term) We just did the Novice qualifier and won our section on 67%. Whilst a pleasing result we were regularly scoring 70% + at this level so shows still a way to go.

Onto to the fun bit and on Sunday we made the 2.5hr journey to Bicton where they had a BS show. We entered the 1.05 / 1.10 handicap in the 1.10 section. Again not the smoothest or tidiest round but we jumped a steady double clear for 6th place and a rare SJ frilly for Pip.

DSC_0071_zps38d7235a.jpg

DSC_0055_zpsa84542be.jpg

DSC_0097_zpsa85e906c.jpg

Onto XC schooling and it was really good to be out again Pip certainly enjoyed it.

DSC_0184_zps69a14cf8.jpg

DSC_197_zpsb309db8c.jpg

DSC_0204_zps07bb86b9.jpg

So a few cobwebs blown away and finally feel I am moving in the right direction!

Finally my hound has also been in training and doing some obedience classes, here we show off a 'sit stay'!

DSC_210_zpsf2af7ca2.jpg

Mince Pie

Visit site
Pip has a huge smile on her face, doesn't she :) Glad you're out and about again, and hopefully you're not too sore. New horse is lovely too and sounds like a nice mix - is she Irish?

I think the sit/stay photo might need a bit of editing though :wink3: :biggrin3:

JEP

Visit site
Just great to see you and Pip out and about again. Pip certainly enjoyed being out on the cross country. Really looking forward to your first event of 2014

Rosiefan

Visit site
S_J is back in the saddle and out and about, hurrah! Dribble is very pretty and I like the sound of how she's bred, I think she'll be great fun :)