At last our first BD point

Gorgeous George

Visit site
George and I started doing novice BD tests this year with the hope of getting our first BD point, and somehow proving that we could do dressage!

We have had quite a few novice outings and our scores have read something like, 58.4%, 58.6%, 59.4%, 59.6% and 59.6% again, I honestly thought we would never break that 60% barrier.

Well today we did it :D:D only just with 60.86%, but I don't care, George was the softest and most relaxed he's been in a novice test :) It may not be much but that point means the world to me :)

A couple of photos from my friend who kindly acted as transporter, groom, and photographer.

All ready to go:

IMG_3593_zps3d0be44d.jpg

In action:

IMG_3601_zps4842124f.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Diddleydoo

Visit site
Congratulations. Well done both of you, it's nice when your hard work pays off

I aspire to a novice test, let alone an affiliated point.

Farma

Visit site
Brilliant :) And at N.Heath by the look of it? I have found them to be the lowest scoring venue around so you must have done exceptionally well!

You will be aiming for regionals next!

Dollysox

Visit site
Well done! I've followed your progress with George over the last couple of years (albeit mostly from a lurking status!), and I know how much of an achievement that is for you. And he looks great - you both do.

catembi

Visit site
Well done! I still rem the excitement of getting my first BD point with the late Catembi!

You've done so well... haven't you come on since you first got him!

T x

Gucci_b

Visit site
Well done you :) you have come such a long way together. I remember reading all yr posts on here over a year or so ago now. its so nice to see someone go forwards and not on a hamster wheel....

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Fantastic - what an achievement. The thing I love about dressage is that it's not winning the class that matters, it is how you are progressing against yourself that counts. I'm just about to embark on my dressage career with my new horse, I'm sure that first point (hopefully we'll get one someday!), will be just as much of a celebration. :) xx

ETA he looks super smart! :)

Gorgeous George

Visit site
Thanks all, I really am delighted :) especially as i was beginning to think we would never manage it. I think George had far too many carrots/polos yesterday :D

When I saw my mark I gave a little shriek/cheer and my friend gave me a big hug - people near by probably thought I'd won the class!! :D

Farma, yes it was Norton Heath, the competition was quite stiff, there were some seriously lovely looking horses there, but we did what we needed to do.

Andiamo

Visit site
Brilliant :) And at N.Heath by the look of it? I have found them to be the lowest scoring venue around so you must have done exceptionally well!

I thought the ones in my area were the lowest scoring venues around ;)

Congrats on the point!!! Big success, here's to many more points ahead of you both! :D

Gorgeous George

Visit site
Thank you all :) I am certainly enjoying our little moment :D I do hope that there may be a few more points to follow, you never know.

My little dream would be to qualify for an area festival next and actually be able to go, even if we came last it would be such an achievement :)