At what age to ID's tend to stop growing?

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Answers on a postcard
laugh.gif

Puppy

Visit site
Ah, well you know my girl's breeding and she grew a good hand between 3 and 4 apparently!! Obviously shes only part ID though.

TURBOBERT

Visit site
Very difficult to judge - we buyID/TB crosses as unbroken three year olds. Recently two were 16.1 at 3 years and both grew three inches. Two others were 15.2 and 16 hands respectively and havent grown at all! Ye pays ye money and ye takes your chance - part of the fun!!!

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I have a 6yo 3/4 ID mare who got seen by the McTimoney people today and they said they thought she had a bit more growing to do but at 6 I'd have thought she'd have stopped, hmmm.

BBs

Visit site
Winnie is now 17hh, bought as an 8 year old 16.3! and was measured in front of me when we purchased him! however hes grown
smirk.gif

Bally was a just 5 year old and she too grew to 16.2 by the age of 8.

My friend had a lovely horse, fantastic SJer, alas the horse just didnt grow so she felt although the horse was serously tallented she felt it would struggle with the heights of Foxhunter and above! she sold the horse - which wass turned out by the new owner for a few months due to family commitments the horse went from 15.1 up to 16.2
shocked.gif
And of course the horse is doing fantastic on the Sjing circuit!!

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Most horses dont truely stop growing and filling *And fulling out can make most size dif* out etc into full adults till 8ish like woman dont stop till in the twentys! *why smoking for younge people so bad coz makes them ugly!!* My ISH was sold as 16.1hh to make 16.3hh as a five year old!

Nari

Visit site
I've got a purebred ID & he didn't finish growing heightwise until the autumn he was 7. He's now 8 & has filled out a bit more this year.

ru-fi-do

Visit site
I have got a ISH i bought as a 5year old she measured just 16hh. Had her measured when we went to veiw as we were sure she was bigger! I have had her 2.5 years and she is now 16.3hh. I also had Mctimoney practitioner out couple of weeks ago and she said she has got alot of maturing to do and she will fill out a lot now she is able to do full work. Although could do with her not growing as i'm only a short legged 5'4!
grin.gif