Athletes parade Monday

Goya

Visit site
Are any Games Makers on here going to the Parade in London on Monday?
I was lucky enough to get a ticket and it would be good to know if someone else from here was going.

kiritiger

Visit site
I forgot to apply for tickets...

but as it turns out, this is a good thing because I need to make the 7 hour round trip back to uni to get my passport which I definitely will need when I fly to Munich on Wednesday.

Have fun everyone who's going though, I wish I could go! :)

Superhot

Visit site
I'm going, really looking forward to it. We had Bradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish in our local area today, Tour of England race. Great to see a good turnout with people happy, smiling and enthusiastic. Just like being at the Games all over again...

teapot

Visit site
It was fantastic - got a high five off a mounted policeman, fell in love with Ben Ainslie and saw the flypast from Charing Cross bridge.

Awesome day :D

Superhot

Visit site
Fantastic. So brilliant to actually see all the athletes so close. What a day!!!!!
One of the party from the opening ceremony was on the tube going home. He was wearing his bright blue outfit, complete with hat with light bulb on top!

Faithkat

Visit site
Fantastic. So brilliant to actually see all the athletes so close. What a day!!!!!
One of the party from the opening ceremony was on the tube going home. He was wearing his bright blue outfit, complete with hat with light bulb on top!

The gang in the blue outfits and bowler hats with light on top were playing in a band at the end of the Strand where it meets Trafalgar Square. I was watching them after the Parade whilst waiting for the flypast. I watched the Parade from outside Charing Cross Station - only one "row" back from the front and a wonderful view. Fantastic day and I was rather amused that wearing Games Maker kit still means people ask you questions!!!! So sad that it is really over now but I hope the friendly atmosphere continues . . . . .